Windows 10: External HDD

Discus and support External HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently used the Media Creation tool to reinstall windows on my system, and the drive was set to 31.9GB instead of the original size 1TB. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tyler Tomko, Apr 1, 2019.

1. External HDD

Hello,

I recently used the Media Creation tool to reinstall windows on my system, and the drive was set to 31.9GB instead of the original size 1TB. I fixed that issue, by extending the volume. anyway, if I format it, it doesn't show up in This PC. so I had to create a simple volume, and THEN it showed up. how would I go about fixing this? I know I ask a lot of questions, but I intend to be a good PC repairman someday. anyways, is this an issue easily fixed?

Thanks,

Tyla T.

:)

Tyler Tomko, Apr 1, 2019

2. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Apr 1, 2019
  3. dermy Win User
    External HDDs

Hi i had a seagate freeagent (external) which stopped working so i bought another enclosure and the hdd kept disconnecting/reconnecting in windows 8.1, so i boht another enclosure and also the same thing. Iv tried a different hdd and all hdds work perfectly when plugged directly into sata ports on the board, are there any other steps i can try or do you think iv just been unlucky with enclosures?

dermy, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

External HDD

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

External HDD

1. External HDD - Similar Threads - External HDD

2. My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?: Hi,I have a Windows 11 PC that is my main; butI want to attach an external HDD with Win 10 for running my Wacom tablet/stylus.It only runs well on Win 10; incompatible with 11. Wacom has stopped support for Win 11 tooRecently and strangely; Win 11 was able to read and run my...
  3. My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?: Hi,I have a Windows 11 PC that is my main; butI want to attach an external HDD with Win 10 for running my Wacom tablet/stylus.It only runs well on Win 10; incompatible with 11. Wacom has stopped support for Win 11 tooRecently and strangely; Win 11 was able to read and run my...
  4. searching solution for my hdd external

in Windows 10 Gaming
    searching solution for my hdd external: hello,i am seaching solution for my externnal drive...i dont know how it happen, 2 days ago, when i want to access file in ex hdd, it show error massage and hdd dont show how much file or capasity, then i unplug the usb/ ex hdd and plug in again to laptop... hdd missing from...
  5. searching solution for my hdd external

searching solution for my hdd external: hello,i am seaching solution for my externnal drive...i dont know how it happen, 2 days ago, when i want to access file in ex hdd, it show error massage and hdd dont show how much file or capasity, then i unplug the usb/ ex hdd and plug in again to laptop... hdd missing from...
  6. searching solution for my hdd external

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  8. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  9. BSOD when plugged my external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when plugged my external HDD: HelloI have an issues with my External HDD. I have 2 HDD. Since last night one of my HDD is making my laptop Acer Swift 3 Infinity 4 goes BSOD when plugged in.It will slow down the PC once it plugged. After the system can open the HDD it goes straight away to BSOD with error...
  10. BSOD when plugged my external HDD

BSOD when plugged my external HDD: HelloI have an issues with my External HDD. I have 2 HDD. Since last night one of my HDD is making my laptop Acer Swift 3 Infinity 4 goes BSOD when plugged in.It will slow down the PC once it plugged. After the system can open the HDD it goes straight away to BSOD with error...