Windows 10: External Headphone Mic cannot be detected

Discus and support External Headphone Mic cannot be detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently started using this new Dell notebook and when I plug in my headphones includes mic, it only detects the output device headphones and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ramzi Manalao, Dec 6, 2021.

1. External Headphone Mic cannot be detected

I have recently started using this new Dell notebook and when I plug in my headphones includes mic, it only detects the output device headphones and ignores the headphones' microphone. Instead, it uses the notebook's default audio which is the Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology. The headphones and its mic have no issues since I've already tried plugging in another headphones and it's still the same and figured it's an issue with the notebook. I am now using Windows 11 but the issue was already present before I upgraded it from Windows 10 to Windows 11.This is a work laptop whi

:)

Ramzi Manalao, Dec 6, 2021

2. Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Headphones Not Detected

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under.

Windows 10 refuses to detect my headphones from my headset. The mic is fine. The computer even recognizes when I plug the headphones of the headset in. But it refuses to detect them. I can go into my Sound in Control Panel all day, and there will NEVER be any
    headphones in that list. So, no, I cannot click headphones, just making that clear before someone suggests clicking on headphones.

How do I force Windows 10 to detect the headphones that I have plugged in, so that they will work? The jack is working fine. When I plug them in it gives me the pop-up letting me know that I plugged something into the jack. But that's the end of it. It will
    not detect the headphones. Nothing comes out of them. There are no headphones in the Sound list. There is nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Why does it register something is plugged in and then refuse to detect it?

Someone please figure out why Windows 10 simply cannot detect headphones and help me fix this so I can use my headset.

MorgothBauglir1, Dec 6, 2021
  4. External Headphone Mic cannot be detected

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7745 that I have been trying to get the external audio ports to work correctly on since I upgraded it to Windows 10 - it was originally a Win7 machine from the factory. It's got three external audio ports:

External Headphone Mic cannot be detected [​IMG]

Win10 runs fine on it (Core i3 @ 2.27Ghz, 4GB RAM) and sound through the speakers works fine, as does the internal mic, but PLUGGING IN a mic or headphones is the issue - external plugged in mics are not picked up at all, and plugging in headphones disables the internal speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones.

I found this thread (Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio) and was trying to follow the instructions to find the correct driver to use by looking at the 'Driver Details' lists, but I am a bit confused. When I upgraded to Win10, Windows 10 installed generic drivers for the sound card and I had the same issue - sound through speakers and internal mic was fine, but the jacks didn't work.

So, I thought I would go download some specific drivers...the latest drivers listed for audio on Acer's site for this machine are the Win7 64-bit drivers, so I installed those and, as mentioned, sound still worked fine other than the external jacks (I know the external jacks are not broken/damaged, by the way, because they used to work fine under Windows 7). When following along the list of 'special files' the aforementioned thread asks me to look for, I find both 'FMAP064.dll' from the 'FF01' 'Special Files' list...but I also see 'MaxxAudioAPO20.dll' and 'MaxxAudioEQ.dll' from the FF06 'Special Files' list...?

....so which one of those drivers do I get (FF01 or FF06)?

Where it gets even more confusing is that when I try running the Powershell script suggested in that same thread to suggest a driver, it tells me this:

External Headphone Mic cannot be detected [​IMG]

...so should I follow the Powershell script's suggestion and look for ANY new driver that has the 'hdxrt.inf' file in it? (Like the one listed here: Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio )?

Sorry for the novel, but it's a tad bit confusing as to what driver I should be looking for...

Could anybody link me to a driver that might work?

Thanks so much in advance!

Darkstrike, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

External Headphone Mic cannot be detected

1. External Headphone Mic cannot be detected - Similar Threads - External Headphone Mic

2. External Mic detected as Headphone Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Mic detected as Headphone Windows 11: I have a laptop hp victus amd with a Realtek audio driver and one jack port1- the laptop doesn't run the Realtek audio manger I don't even have it even in device manager after showing hidden devices I found only RealtekR Audio.2- I have a microphone device only is jack...
  3. External Mic detected as Headphone Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Mic detected as Headphone Windows 11: I have a laptop hp victus amd with a Realtek audio driver and one jack port1- the laptop doesn't run the Realtek audio manger I don't even have it even in device manager after showing hidden devices I found only RealtekR Audio.2- I have a microphone device only is jack...
  4. Headphone Mic detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Mic detection: My Dell laptop cannot detect the headphone mic, the headphone mic works with my other computers, I tried to connect a splitter but it is still the same , can someone help me out how can I connect it....
  5. Headphone Mic detection

Headphone Mic detection: My Dell laptop cannot detect the headphone mic, the headphone mic works with my other computers, I tried to connect a splitter but it is still the same , can someone help me out how can I connect it....
  6. External Mic detected as Headphone after Windows 11 update

External Mic detected as Headphone after Windows 11 update: I have a external mic, whenever I attach it using the 3 pin/4pin 3.5mm jack windows 11 detects it as a headphone device. I am using it on my laptop, the audio jack port is combined for headphones and micropone. The microphone is not faulty I have checked it with my other...
  7. External Mic detected as Headphone after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Mic detected as Headphone after Windows 11 update: I have a external mic, whenever I attach it using the 3 pin/4pin 3.5mm jack windows 11 detects it as a headphone device. I am using it on my laptop, the audio jack port is combined for headphones and micropone. The microphone is not faulty I have checked it with my other...
  8. External Headphone Mic cannot be detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Headphone Mic cannot be detected: I have recently started using this new Dell notebook and when I plug in my headphones includes mic, it only detects the output device headphones and ignores the headphones' microphone. Instead, it uses the notebook's default audio which is the Microphone Array Intel Smart...
  9. External Headphone Mic cannot be detected

External Headphone Mic cannot be detected: I have recently started using this new Dell notebook and when I plug in my headphones includes mic, it only detects the output device headphones and ignores the headphones' microphone. Instead, it uses the notebook's default audio which is the Microphone Array Intel Smart...
  10. Headphones not detected but headphone mic is

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not detected but headphone mic is: I've been searching for an answer for this and anything I've seen has not worked and it seems like no one has my exact issue. My headphone mic is detected in my sound input devices but my headphones are not detected at all in my output devices. I've tried a bunch of things...