Windows 10: External Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work Together

Discus and support External Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work Together in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So my friend has a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10, and he has a strange issue. He has 2 USB ports, both 3.0, and the situation is like this: PORT 1:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RogerOriginals, Feb 8, 2019.

1. External Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work Together

So my friend has a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10, and he has a strange issue. He has 2 USB ports, both 3.0, and the situation is like this:

PORT 1: Mouse and Keyboard work in this port only. Don't work on PORT 2.

PORT 2: Scanner and Wacom tablet work in this port. Don't work in PORT 1.

This means his laptop can run either a Mouse+Scanner, Mouse+Tablet, Keyboard+Tablet or Keyboard+Mouse. No other combination works, like Mouse+Keyboard or Scanner+Tablet. Obviously he has problems using both mouse and keyboard, as none of those work in PORT 2. It is a very odd problem, as I originally thought his port is dead, but seeing how all his ports actually support some USB devices, these aren't dead at all. His phone is able to connect to computer via USB on both ports, and so is the case with his external HDD and pendrive.

All his updates are on-point, including the latest Windows 10 updates, all driver updates, all system and BIOS updates and everything there is basically to update on the software front. I am a bit of computer expert myself, as I always troubleshoot my pals' laptops, but this problem has baffled even me. All usual tricks such as turning off fast start, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and such have been tried with no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[He has been having this problem since he replaced his dead motherboard with a new one, under warranty, sometime back in August 2018. When he originally bought the brand new laptop in April 2018, everything was working fine.)

:)

RogerOriginals, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Vega Hassan, Feb 8, 2019
  3. my mouse don´t works correctly

I use all the year my mouse and it Works good but today I go to do a thing and when I returned to my computer the mouse don´t Works good.

the problem is:

when I use my mouse, for example, I move my mouse up and it goes right and if I move it right it goes down

I don´t know what to do

i have tried to uninstall the mouse but it still

please I need help...

DanielRappy, Feb 8, 2019
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

External Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work Together

stuff that don`t work

The problem with the messed up keyboard is now ok, I can write normally.

But, the problem with non working pin and unpin from task bar, the right mouse click don`t work on it at all - still stays, as well as non working New notifications - I click and nothing happens. Can you fix that all?

JDivineŠ, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

External Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work Together

1. External Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work Together - Similar Threads - External Keyboard Mouse

2. External Monitors wont work together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitors wont work together: So, I am running a surface pro 7+ with Windows 11 and the MS Surface Dock 1With all cables checked and swapped around etc, the problem persists.If I plug in one monitor, it'll turn on and extended the desktop and all working great, however if I then plug in the 2nd external...
  3. External Monitors wont work together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Monitors wont work together: So, I am running a surface pro 7+ with Windows 11 and the MS Surface Dock 1With all cables checked and swapped around etc, the problem persists.If I plug in one monitor, it'll turn on and extended the desktop and all working great, however if I then plug in the 2nd external...
  4. External keyboard needs to be pressed together to work on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard needs to be pressed together to work on windows 11: Hi,as the title above suggests, my external keyboard function button F1,F2,F6,F7-F12 are not working when pressed individually. however, when I pressed those buttons with another button together it works ex: I pressed F1 alone and it didn't open help pages. but when I press...
  5. External keyboard needs to be pressed together to work on windows 11

External keyboard needs to be pressed together to work on windows 11: Hi,as the title above suggests, my external keyboard function button F1,F2,F6,F7-F12 are not working when pressed individually. however, when I pressed those buttons with another button together it works ex: I pressed F1 alone and it didn't open help pages. but when I press...
  6. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external keyboard and mous not working: I have recently factory reset my windows laptop. my keyboard and mouse were working before now, it's not working anymore, I have tried several things like going into safe mode, resetting bios, updating bios, etc. my laptop is an asus rog g551jm. Keyboard and mouse work fine...
  7. external keyboard and mous not working

external keyboard and mous not working: I have recently factory reset my windows laptop. my keyboard and mouse were working before now, it's not working anymore, I have tried several things like going into safe mode, resetting bios, updating bios, etc. my laptop is an asus rog g551jm. Keyboard and mouse work fine...
  8. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Keyboard & Mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse don't work: USB Kyeboard & Mouse work in BIOS and in windows troubleshooting but after windows 10 starts loading they both stop functioningThe USB ports still function with my wifi adapter and others but not with my keyboard or mouseThis problem persists though a windows 10 reinstall...
  10. Keyboard + Mouse won't work together when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard + Mouse won't work together when gaming.: Hi. First post here, so please excuse me if I've posted this in the wrong subforum. When playing games, I can't use the keyboard and click on the mouse at the same time. I have to first stop using the keyboard, then wait a few seconds, then be able to click with the mouse....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb mouse and laptop keyboard work together

2. external keyboard dont work with bootcamp windows

3. mose and keyboard together windows 10

4. extern mouse and keyboard dont work,
  5. windows 10 keyboard and mouse together