Windows 10: External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update

Discus and support External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated Windows 10 to the 20h2 version and after that my external Bluetooth keyboard and mouse started having issues and disconnecting every day at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ninjaplavi, Mar 23, 2021.

1. External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update

I updated Windows 10 to the 20h2 version and after that my external Bluetooth keyboard and mouse started having issues and disconnecting every day at least once.

I thought that the issue is with the keyboard or BT but then I brought back my old wire keyboard and I also started to see issues like delays and keys continuously pressed behaviour.

Dis someone had a similar experience after this update?

:)

ninjaplavi, Mar 23, 2021

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 23, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update

1. External keyboard and mouse issues after 20h2 update - Similar Threads - External keyboard mouse

2. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working after 20H2 update: Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from device manager niether worked. Both show as "HID compliant mouse". Tried even clean Win10 install - everything worked until...
  3. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working after 20H2 update: Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from device manager niether worked. Both show as "HID compliant mouse". Tried even clean Win10 install - everything worked until...
  4. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issue with VPN after 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with VPN after 20H2 Update: Hey,I have a very complex issue. After upgrading a particular HP model Elitebook G3 from 1909 to 20H2 the VPN Fortinet will no longer connect and appears to fail on the user certificate handshake.Now this issue does not appear on later HP models Elitebook G4 after applying...
  6. GPU issues after update to 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU issues after update to 20H2: I have an older PC, Dell Inspiron 531, with MSI GeForceGT710 installed in it, other upgrades include Toshiba SSD, 8gb Ram, upgradedPSU old one failed after 12yrs. The Toshiba SSD is partitioned in 2, for dualboot Win7/Win10. Up until recently everything was working fine, last...
  7. keyboard not working disconnect and reconnect after update 20h2 issue

keyboard not working disconnect and reconnect after update 20h2 issue: before I downloaded the update my keyboard was fine and then i update my system to 20h2 so its up to date and suddenly my keyboard disconnect then reconnect repeatedly I solved it by reconnecting the usb and it works for 3 minute then it disconnect when it disconnect the RGB...
  8. USB keyboard issue following 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB keyboard issue following 20H2 update: My laptop has only just been updated to the 20H2 version of Windows 10, and it's as though the sensitivity of my keyboard has changed. I now need to press the key heavily for the input to register, whereas before I could easily touch type. Anyone else experienced similar...
  9. Keyboard and mouse issues after W10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse issues after W10 update: I seem to have lost contact with my keyboard and mouse after the latest update. I guess I might need to update my drivers but how can I do that when I can't type or click!? Cant even get passed locked screen. Have swapped out my devices so I think I have ruled out...
  10. External mouse+keyboard

External mouse+keyboard: After updating to latest Windows 10, my external devices stopped working as before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mousekeyboard/ec44c958-5f15-4e84-b9c8-21108395712a