Windows 10: External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed

Discus and support External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed, tried unplug and plug the usb, tried it on another device and works properly. im on a laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JIbril H, Jan 6, 2021.

1. JIbril H Win User

External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed

My keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed, tried unplug and plug the usb, tried it on another device and works properly. im on a laptop and the laptop keyboard is working.

:)

JIbril H, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Keyboard is typing multiple things when a key is pressed

Hi,

To better understand your concern about your device's keyboard, we'd like to know the following:

• The last activities performed on your device prior to the issue.
    • If you were cleaning your keyboard prior to the issue.
    • If your device has been exposed to any type of liquid.
    • Make and model of your device.
    In the meantime, you can perform the following to isolate the unintentional use of the
    Fn key on your keyboard:

• If your laptop has a numeric keypad, press and hold Fn and NumLock
      keys on your keyboard.
    • If numeric pad is not available, press and hold Fn and CapsLock keys on your keyboard.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 6, 2021
  4. External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed

Keyboard buffering is ruining gaming for me

Hello,

I request you to check for the keys with external keyboard.

Also check the same with On-Screen keyboard.

Follow the steps to get On-Screen keyboard:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type "osk" and press Enter key.

Please get back to us with the information.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed

1. External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed - Similar Threads - External Keyboard types

2. Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times: So, this has started happening a few months ago, some keys, mostly R, W, Shift, CTRL and i would take multiple presses to type, or would sometimes write multiple times, like: "WWWhats up?" the keys problem got fixed when i got an external keyboard, but some buttons like CTRL...
  3. Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times: So, this has started happening a few months ago, some keys, mostly R, W, Shift, CTRL and i would take multiple presses to type, or would sometimes write multiple times, like: "WWWhats up?" the keys problem got fixed when i got an external keyboard, but some buttons like CTRL...
  4. Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.: Example: I press my windows key and my computer thinks I'm pressing Esc. and F7 specifically. Pressing the FN key also activate the ~ and F5. My capslock key presses F8. All of they keys for q, w, a, s, z, x, 1, and 2 all type their respective alternate on the keyboard as...
  6. Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.

Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.: Example: I press my windows key and my computer thinks I'm pressing Esc. and F7 specifically. Pressing the FN key also activate the ~ and F5. My capslock key presses F8. All of they keys for q, w, a, s, z, x, 1, and 2 all type their respective alternate on the keyboard as...
  7. Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one: Whenever I press a single button, multiple get pressed. For example: pressing "k" will type "kl,". This issue is on a Windows 10 laptop and prior to the issue my keyboard was pretty dirty so I cleaned it with some wipes and spray. I did this many times before and never had...
  8. Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one

Keyboard pressing multiple buttons when I only press one: Whenever I press a single button, multiple get pressed. For example: pressing "k" will type "kl,". This issue is on a Windows 10 laptop and prior to the issue my keyboard was pretty dirty so I cleaned it with some wipes and spray. I did this many times before and never had...
  9. Keyboard won't enter a single key, but when pressing multiple keys together, it types...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't enter a single key, but when pressing multiple keys together, it types...: Hello, I recently encountered a problem with my keyboard. When first booting up, the laptop would have a 3 out of 5 chance of booting into recovery mode and it maybe because of a stuck key. If it has booted to the lock screen, the keyboard becomes unresponsive so I had to use...
  10. Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key: I have searched everywhere on the internet for fixes like changing the language settings keyboard settings, driver updates and resets and Im still stuck without a button for these characters. Even stranger is that if I convert to US qwerty, my keyboard will use SHIFT+2 as...