Windows 10: external keyboard to msi laptop without num key pad

Discus and support external keyboard to msi laptop without num key pad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello folks, I plan to add an external keyboard, with numeric keypad, to my msi-laptop. This laptop came without the usual numeric keys to the right of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mellow, Dec 5, 2020.

1. mellow Win User

external keyboard to msi laptop without num key pad

Hello folks, I plan to add an external keyboard, with numeric keypad, to my msi-laptop. This laptop came without the usual numeric keys to the right of the keyboard. Question: if the external (usb) keyboard has numeric keys, which I suppose will be the case, will these numeric keys be rocognized by the laptop? I see no reason why not, but I wish to play it safe and ask before. I run MSFS,which has a lot of keyboard assignments. Can I assign numeric keys from my external keyboard? well, I suppose it will depend on, whether the MSFS programme will recognize my external keyboard, so this question will be open until my setup is completed and I launch the game.

I also have to install a second monitor. Does win10 home, ver 1909, come with software to set up the second monitor? I have read about cases where external software was required. no more questions, and thanks.
    regards

:)

mellow, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Srrdt Win User

MSI Launches GT685 Gaming Laptop

It's positioned to be in the middle of the keyboard excluding the Num pad
    cuz some other laptops have no num pads in their keyboards

Srrdt, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Num Lock won't work for 10-key

Hello Alana,

We understand your concern in this regard.

• You mean to say, Num Lock key won't work or Numeric keypad won't work?
    • Did you try connecting external keyboard?
    • Is that onscreen keyboard shows the same behavior?
    • When you press Num Lock key, will the Num Lock light key glows on the keyboard?
    Let us know these things to analyze the issue and guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Jstn7477 Win User

Laptop FN Lock?

On non-number pad laptops, Num Lock must be turned OFF. The boss probably turned on Num Lock while using the external keyboard.

Most 15.6" and above 16:9 laptops have number pads these days.

Jstn7477, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. external keyboard to msi laptop without num key pad - Similar Threads - external keyboard msi

2. Microsoft bluetooth keyboard num. pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft bluetooth keyboard num. pad: Hi! I have just bought a Microsoft bluetooth keyboard and it looks great. The problem is that in the numeric pad you don't have a "num. lock" key and instead you have a "clear" key. I haven't been able to unlock the pad so I can't write numbers there. I can't also find how...
  3. external keyboard to msi laptop without num keypad

external keyboard to msi laptop without num keypad: Hello folks, I plan to add an external keyboard, with numeric keypad, to my msi-laptop. This laptop came without the usual numeric keys to the right of the keyboard. Question: if the external (usb) keyboard has numeric keys, which I suppose will be the case, will these...
  4. Keyboard Settings for Num Lock Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Settings for Num Lock Key: My Num-Lock key resets to "Off" when the computer is "Shut Down". . My password requires an ASCII character, and having the Num-Lock off while trying to enter the Windows password is a problem. It takes a few unsuccessful attempts before I remember the Num-Lock is off. ....
  5. Can't use + key on Num Pad without holding shift in windows 10 only?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use + key on Num Pad without holding shift in windows 10 only?: This has me thoroughly stumped. I am unable to use the + key on the numpad without holding down shift with it. All keyboard testers online show the key is working by itself. If I remote in and login to a Windows Server 2012 machine, it works fine without the need to hold...
  6. Want it wireless keyboard num key

Want it wireless keyboard num key: Hi I have a Wantit IKBMAC15 wireless full keyboard, I can’t make the number keyboard part work as I can’’t find the num lock on the keyboard, can anyone help please! Thanks Sue...
  7. Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working

Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working: I don't know why but 6 keys in numeric pad are not working4,5,6,/,*,- please help me how to fix this issue thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-in-numeric-pad-are-not-working/d16f4d07-74d3-4854-994f-c64c42deda79
  8. Windows 10 Num Pad

Windows 10 Num Pad: A lot of people ask how to keep Num Lock on. My problem is that in some programs, like Google Chrome, if I use the number pad to move the cursor, it gives me numbers, whether Num Lock is on or not. If I press Windows + Space, I can select from one of two keyboards, US or UK....
  9. num keys

num keys: Please tell me how to use laptop numlock and keys.There is no numlock key in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-keys/0b4ed65f-6e87-405b-a937-dff0779365ae
  10. laptop num keys

laptop num keys: How can I use numlock or num keys on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-num-keys/a880796d-7881-4f97-b883-a1ca434ba428