Windows 10: external keyboard

Discus and support external keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just bought a Ducky one 2 Keyboard and it just does not work with Windows 10. Tried reinstalling the driver and it changed nothing. Looking for updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bobbobRR, Apr 17, 2021.

1. bobbobRR Win User

external keyboard

Just bought a Ducky one 2 Keyboard and it just does not work with Windows 10. Tried reinstalling the driver and it changed nothing. Looking for updates also changes nothing. My computer just does not recognise it, it detects the usb port and yet my keyboard is not usable.What can I do to solve this problem ? Is there anything else I can try?

:)

bobbobRR, Apr 17, 2021

2. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Apr 17, 2021
  4. external keyboard

I"m having a problem with the keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

external keyboard

1. external keyboard - Similar Threads - external keyboard

2. Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard: I use an external mechanical keyboard, connected via USB. Recently some keyboard shortcuts stopped working, but they used to work. Windows + TabWindows+ VAlt + TabCtrl + Alt + DelOther shortcuts such as Ctrl + P still work.Anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot this?...
  3. Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard: I use an external mechanical keyboard, connected via USB. Recently some keyboard shortcuts stopped working, but they used to work. Windows + TabWindows+ VAlt + TabCtrl + Alt + DelOther shortcuts such as Ctrl + P still work.Anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot this?...
  4. Touchpad, Keyboard and all external devices don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad, Keyboard and all external devices don't work: "Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings" ruined my laptop after following this https://thegeekpage.com/disable-laptop-keyboard-permanently/ guide to permanently remove/uninstall my built in keyboard everything just stop working my touchpad...
  5. Touchpad, Keyboard and all external devices don't work

Touchpad, Keyboard and all external devices don't work: "Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings" ruined my laptop after following this https://thegeekpage.com/disable-laptop-keyboard-permanently/ guide to permanently remove/uninstall my built in keyboard everything just stop working my touchpad...
  6. How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard: Unfortunately, the keyboard on my laptop is awful, both the "v" and "b" keys simply don't work, and the "m" key has fallen off leaving a space on my keyboard which is impossible to reattach, and this now means that occasionally, my keyboard just constantly types the "m" key.I...
  7. How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard

How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard: Unfortunately, the keyboard on my laptop is awful, both the "v" and "b" keys simply don't work, and the "m" key has fallen off leaving a space on my keyboard which is impossible to reattach, and this now means that occasionally, my keyboard just constantly types the "m" key.I...
  8. How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I use an external mechanical keyboard with my laptop on a regular basis. Would this affect...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I use an external mechanical keyboard with my laptop on a regular basis. Would this affect...: I purchased an external mechanical keyboard to use with my new laptop, so as to prevent early damage to laptop keys and touchpad, and ensure that they last longer throughout the laptop's life. I've decided to use them at home 80% of the time while engaging the built-ins when...
  10. I use an external mechanical keyboard with my laptop on a regular basis. Would this affect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use an external mechanical keyboard with my laptop on a regular basis. Would this affect...: I purchased an external mechanical keyboard to use with my new laptop, so as to prevent early damage to laptop keys and touchpad, and ensure that they last longer throughout the laptop's life. I've decided to use them at home 80% of the time while engaging the built-ins when...