Windows 10: External laptop speakers no longer working.

Discus and support External laptop speakers no longer working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am unable to get my external Logitech notebook speakers to work from my laptop. They show up in my Devices and Printers in the Control Panel but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nagyanya, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Nagyanya Win User

External laptop speakers no longer working.

I am unable to get my external Logitech notebook speakers to work from my laptop. They show up in my Devices and Printers in the Control Panel but I can't make them the default. They worked fine and now they don't. They are plugged in directly to the laptop. I have restarted the system multiple times but they don't show up under sound choices.

:)

Nagyanya, Feb 6, 2019
  2. DonWarner Win User

USB speakers no longer work on laptop

USB speakers no longer work on laptop and not recognized either.

DonWarner, Feb 6, 2019
  3. external speakers not working

so...i'm using asus rog laptop with conexant smartaudio HD drivers and recently i found out that when i connect my external speakers the sound plays from the internal ones. i tried reinstalling the drivers and checked under playback devices but the external
    speakers are not listed, tried enabling "show disabled devices" but still nothing. Any help would be much appreciated

kindredspirit1, Feb 6, 2019
  4. DonWarner Win User

USB speakers no longer work on laptop

I have the latest updates installed with win 10.

No significant changes. No troubleshooting steps taken and no error message in device manager because win 10 doesn't recognize them. I used these speakers before and they worked fine. Apparently with the updates they are no longer recognized. They are
    Samsung USB speakers.

DonWarner, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. External laptop speakers no longer working. - Similar Threads - External laptop speakers

2. External speakers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External speakers not working: Greetings, My Razer Nommo external speakers have no sound.I'm running Win 10 and I have upgraded and checked my connections, I have also uninstalled Realtek and installed it again, but yet still nothing is happening.When I tap on the speaker icon in my taskbar all that shows...
  3. External speakers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External speakers not working: Greetings, My Razer Nommo external speakers have no sound.I'm running Win 10 and I have upgraded and checked my connections, I have also uninstalled Realtek and installed it again, but yet still nothing is happening.When I tap on the speaker icon in my taskbar all that shows...
  4. External speakers not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. external speakers not working

external speakers not working: My External speakers stopped working. May be due to Realtek update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers-not-working/8e5437f8-70d4-47ee-ae16-d7a00ec4ca98
  6. external speakers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external speakers not working: My External speakers stopped working. May be due to Realtek update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-speakers-not-working/8e5437f8-70d4-47ee-ae16-d7a00ec4ca98
  7. external speakers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External Speaker Is Not Working

External Speaker Is Not Working: I have connected two wires from the speakers to the laptop but the external speaker is not working. The sound is being heard from the internal speaker. I have already tried clicking the speaker button in the taskbar. Please suggest me something else than that....
  9. External Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Speakers not working: Hey there, my work computer is brand new and running windows 10. We previously had XP (I know...) for some reason the speakers will not play music at all. I’ve tried the troubleshooting options and to show disabled/disconnected items on the audio menu but they aren’t even...
  10. External speakers not working

External speakers not working: When I turn on the computer I see a message that states 'audio output device is not installed'. The speakers have been attached to another computer and work fine. They worked fine last week. 96550