Windows 10: External LG monitor randomly blinking

Discus and support External LG monitor randomly blinking in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Relatively new to Windows 10, having installed it on my MacBook via Bootcamp. Everything is great except one major issue. When I'm using Win10 on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thisisnacho, Jun 22, 2020.

1. External LG monitor randomly blinking

Relatively new to Windows 10, having installed it on my MacBook via Bootcamp.

Everything is great except one major issue.

When I'm using Win10 on my docked, desktop system (MacBook lid closed, LG monitor with peripherals powered by single USB-C) the external monitor constantly, but randomly, blinks to a black screen for around 2-3 seconds.

It appears it's just the monitor that "blinks", as I can hear sound from videos and such still playing just fine.

I've updated all my display drivers, including the monitor firmware and I'm having no luck. Sometimes it's persistent with it's "blinking", several times in a matter of 10 minutes. Other times, it may just be a few times an hour.

Any thoughts, wise folk? Thanks!

submitted by /u/thisisnacho
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thisisnacho, Jun 22, 2020

2. external monitor blinking

huh? i restarted in safe mode to see if external monitor still blinks but external monitor doesnt work in safe mode.

Bill.E.Shears, Jun 22, 2020
  3. external monitor blinking

in addition to the sleepy pc blues in my other query, i forgot to mention the random blinking of my external monitor. it is an envision by ADC 1080 p monitor that worked no problem with win 8.1. after updating to win 10 my monitor blinks about every minute
    or so. just goes black for 1 second then comes back on, so far,. i wonder if that and the sleep issue are somehow related?

i have tried the troubleshooters in win 10 with no success. i have tried a couple different refresh rates in display settings as well , no luck.

Bill.E.Shears, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Annie120 Win User

External LG monitor randomly blinking

External Monitor blinks and flickers

I have a YOGA 900 connecting to external monitor through c port to HDMI adapter--external monitor screen blinks on and off and flickers. I have tried disconnecting all cables holding power button down for one minute with no change. Is this a setting, a
    windows 10 issue, an adapter issue, or what?

Annie120, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

External LG monitor randomly blinking

1. External LG monitor randomly blinking - Similar Threads - External monitor randomly

2. Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?: I have an LG 27md5kl external monitor. It has one thunderbolt port and three usb-c ports. When I use the provided thunderbolt cable with my ASUS Q539ZD the monitor doesn't turn on and instead only slow charges my computer. It doesn't detect any monitor in my display settings....
  3. Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my PC detect LG external monitor?: I have an LG 27md5kl external monitor. It has one thunderbolt port and three usb-c ports. When I use the provided thunderbolt cable with my ASUS Q539ZD the monitor doesn't turn on and instead only slow charges my computer. It doesn't detect any monitor in my display settings....
  4. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off: I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I...
  5. Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off

Windows External Monitor - Intermittently Blinking on and Off: I don't have a question anymore, but I wanted to post here in case someone else has the same issue. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 with 2 external monitors. For months, the external monitors would blink on and off -- intermittently and I couldn't figure out if I...
  6. External LG monitor not being detected by laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External LG monitor not being detected by laptop: Hello, I am having a very weird issue with external monitor LG 24gn600-BThe monitor was tested with my laptop and a PC - it didn't work. I decided to visit a store because I wanted to refund it. An employee connected the monitor with HDMI to random laptop and it worked. Now I...
  7. External LG monitor not being detected by laptop

External LG monitor not being detected by laptop: Hello, I am having a very weird issue with external monitor LG 24gn600-BThe monitor was tested with my laptop and a PC - it didn't work. I decided to visit a store because I wanted to refund it. An employee connected the monitor with HDMI to random laptop and it worked. Now I...
  8. Monitor is blinking.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor is blinking.: I connected a second monitor to my brand new HP laptop running Windows 10. The monitor keeps blinking. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-is-blinking/7d5a7f55-03dd-4d91-b4b4-8d2fab8b5340
  9. blinking of monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blinking of monitor: my monitor is making a usb disconnecting sound and then the screen flashes black after a sec connecting sound comes.... it is really disturbing pls find the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-of-monitor/05bb6086-69f9-4fa9-b53f-44857340533e
  10. monitor blinking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    monitor blinking: Hi guys, since the last two updates to Window 10, have any of you experience what just call Monitor Blinking. Since these last two updates when I go to Edge, the screen and edge will come on then blink, come back on and so forth and will do it the whole time I am searching...