Windows 10: External links get blocked by something

Discus and support External links get blocked by something in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Something in my PC is blocking me from jumping to https page External links. I tried different browsers such as chrome, edge, and firefox but they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RyotaTanaka1, Apr 10, 2021.

1. External links get blocked by something

Something in my PC is blocking me from jumping to https page External links.

I tried different browsers such as chrome, edge, and firefox but they all show the same message in the browser as following. I also turned off my security which is Eset Internet Security butit brings the same message. What in my PC is causing this problem and how can I fix this ? Please help.

"You have been redirected through this website from a suspicious source.We prevented it and you are going to be redirected to our safe web site."

:)

RyotaTanaka1, Apr 10, 2021
  2. spunk Win User

UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened?

It's possible that Computer Management is being blocked by SmartScreen. We suggest disabling it and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

1. Click the Start button.
    2. Type smartscreen in the search bar.
    3. Click Change SmartScreen settings.
    4. Click the drop-down arrow in the Security row.
    5. Click Change settings beneath the WindowsSmartScreen row.
    6. Click Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen).
    7. Click OK.

spunk, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 10, 2021
  4. External links get blocked by something

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

External links get blocked by something

1. External links get blocked by something - Similar Threads - External links blocked

2. External Bluetooth antenna doesn't get recognized by Phone link.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Bluetooth antenna doesn't get recognized by Phone link.: I've recently bought this external bluetooth dongle for my pc so that i can use the calls feature in phone link. At first it gave me the option to connect my phone, but suddenly i says "This feture doesn't work on your PC" "Your PC needs Bluetooth for the calling feature to...
  3. External Bluetooth antenna doesn't get recognized by Phone link.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Bluetooth antenna doesn't get recognized by Phone link.: I've recently bought this external bluetooth dongle for my pc so that i can use the calls feature in phone link. At first it gave me the option to connect my phone, but suddenly i says "This feture doesn't work on your PC" "Your PC needs Bluetooth for the calling feature to...
  4. Network Blocked Or something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Blocked Or something: When i try updating my pc i get the messages "Windows couldn't connect you to the update service, please try connecting an internet" and i have a full working internet. Alot of websites give me the same message "The connection is reset" and i cant go on the website. I cant...
  5. Network Blocked Or something

Network Blocked Or something: When i try updating my pc i get the messages "Windows couldn't connect you to the update service, please try connecting an internet" and i have a full working internet. Alot of websites give me the same message "The connection is reset" and i cant go on the website. I cant...
  6. Network Blocked Or something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Phishing links not blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phishing links not blocked: Translategoogle.com is redirecting to a few phishing links that is phishing and it is all fake. It is not blocked by defender, have reported it a few times already. http://translategoogle.com/ Main source...
  8. Getting blocked

Getting blocked: I keep getting blocked out of my account and I don't know why and I don't have a cell phone to have a code for you to send me to unblocked it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-blocked/a6f582b2-1bdb-4fc1-ad08-e456aee9d01f
  9. URL / Links in emails blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    URL / Links in emails blocked: Hi all first post. Probably a daft question, but despite all, im struggling to find an answer. Bought this PC new some months ago and since i believe following an update at some time now any URL or links in emails are blocked from opening. - i dont remember this happening...
  10. links in signature block

in Browsers and Email
    links in signature block: I am using the default Outlook email APP in Windows 10. I created a signature with my name, email address and web-site. When I send an email to myself and others, we note no active links to the email and web-site. I also see no way to control the fonts in the signature. This...