Windows 10: External m2 sata ssd not being recognised.

Discus and support External m2 sata ssd not being recognised. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I recently swapped my ssd with Samsung 970 evo plus and took out the old one and after a while I purchased a external SSD connector and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SRINIVASscx., Jan 16, 2021.

1. External m2 sata ssd not being recognised.

Hey guys,

I recently swapped my ssd with Samsung 970 evo plus and took out the old one and after a while I purchased a external SSD connector and after installing it in the external adapter and after plugging to my laptop it is not being recognizednot being shown in windows explorer.

It is being recognized in here.

External m2 sata ssd not being recognised. ebf26750-cb7d-4015-80d8-c0ee6a5ef166?upload=true.png

I checked some online forms and came across this so I tried it and it shows statues OK. The first one is my SSD and the second one is my HDD and the third one is the external SSD, so just to cross check I plugged out the external SSD and run this command again and then it shows only two "OK" there.

External m2 sata ssd not being recognised. 15c3d70f-0d9c-4401-be26-98b998a0b3d3?upload=true.png

When I open Disk Management it is being show here too.

External m2 sata ssd not being recognised. 5e636221-a862-4ab6-aaff-55856e8b36e6?upload=true.png

This popup comes up when I press ok and I'm stuck here.

External m2 sata ssd not being recognised. 85251ff3-2693-4bf8-97ce-b5fb31609965?upload=true.png

It is being showed there after I close that pop up which appeared in the above photo.

External m2 sata ssd not being recognised. 1d16c6a7-9576-4148-9c3a-3f0211130313?upload=true.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

:)

SRINIVASscx., Jan 16, 2021
  2. shminkie Win User

M2 NVME SSD

So you think it truly is worth it to have windows installed on an M2 NVME SSD instead of installing it on a sata-600 ssd and installing your most important software on the M2 NVME SSD ?

shminkie, Jan 16, 2021
  3. RPB57 Win User
    SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies
    in the fact I have installed a SSD in my machine. Windows is recognising the correct size of my SATA HDD however and the SSD isn't showing up quite rightly as its Linux formatted. Using a third party defragmentation program exactly the same problem occurs,
    however I was able to defragment my C drive using it as it just warned against it and didn't prohibit me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RPB57, Jan 16, 2021
  4. shminkie Win User

External m2 sata ssd not being recognised.

M2 NVME SSD

How much exactly does Windows 10 benefit from being installed on an M2 NVME SSD compared to a SATA-600 SSD ?

Other than a faster boot time, how exactly does windows benefit from the direct connection to the cpu that an NVME SSD offers?

shminkie, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

External m2 sata ssd not being recognised.

1. External m2 sata ssd not being recognised. - Similar Threads - External sata ssd

2. M2 SSD not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M2 SSD not being detected by bios: I changed motherboards and decrypted the my 2 M2 SSDs Samsung and Lexar . After porting everything over, I saw my Lexar SSD was still in decryption process. Afterwards, the message disappeared and I do not see the Lexar SSD in the diskmgmt and diskpart but can see that it is...
  3. M2 SSD not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M2 SSD not being detected by bios: I changed motherboards and decrypted the my 2 M2 SSDs Samsung and Lexar . After porting everything over, I saw my Lexar SSD was still in decryption process. Afterwards, the message disappeared and I do not see the Lexar SSD in the diskmgmt and diskpart but can see that it is...
  4. SSD SATA M2 installed does not go online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD SATA M2 installed does not go online: Hello, I recently bought a notebook acer aspire 5, 1 week after use I went to install my old sata on it, I made the correct installation following installation tutorial, but when turning on the notebook in disk management, I need to activate the ssd to be able to use, but not...
  5. Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?: I have a sata SSD as drive C: and can I place an additional m2 ssd on my Maindoard and expand that m2 ssd to my C: drive so that I have more space there.?Can I merge them together.? to work as one....
  6. Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?: I have a sata SSD as drive C: and can I place an additional m2 ssd on my Maindoard and expand that m2 ssd to my C: drive so that I have more space there.?Can I merge them together.? to work as one....
  7. Sata SSD as c: to extend with an m2 ssd.?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Internal SATA SSD isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal SATA SSD isn't recognised: Hello, I wanted to upgrade my PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but kept getting an error. In the process of trying to upgrade, I somehow managed to get my PC to stop recognising one of the secondary hard drives, internally connected to the PC. The only thins that I...
  9. External SSD and NVM / M2 ssd with adapter

External SSD and NVM / M2 ssd with adapter: Hi there. is there any advantage over using a bog standard SSD drive with SATA-->USB / USBC connector in using a NVM M2 type with the appropriate USB connector as external devices. The speed of the USB connection would be the limiting factor but other considerations e.g...
  10. SATA HDD recognised as SSD

SATA HDD recognised as SSD: Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies in the fact I have...