Windows 10: External Main Monitor Taskbar Help!

Discus and support External Main Monitor Taskbar Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have an external monitor connected to my laptop to create sort of a dual display setup, I’ve set my external monitor as the main monitor and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/b9bui, Feb 4, 2020.

1. /u/b9bui Win User

External Main Monitor Taskbar Help!

So I have an external monitor connected to my laptop to create sort of a dual display setup, I’ve set my external monitor as the main monitor and the laptop screen as the second monitor which is to the left of my external monitor

I’d like to have my laptop screen which is display 2 have the task bar always shown While my main display (the external monitor) autohides the taskbar since I like the full clean look of an unbothered wallpaper.

The main task bar was originally on the external (since I set it to main display) but I unlocked and moved it to the laptop screen. I don’t mind which side the main task bar is as long as my main display can auto hide it!!

Is there a way to do this on windows 10? Or is mix and matching not a thing yet?

submitted by /u/b9bui
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/b9bui, Feb 4, 2020

2. Taskbar on second monitor

Hi all,

I've got a Surface 4 Pro and am having an issue where the taskbar is showing on the secondary monitor. My external monitor is designated as the 'main display' and is to the left of the Surface. The desktop is extended onto the external monitor.

It's easy enough to drag the taskbar over but I can't get it to stay.

Thinks I've tried(that didn't work):

• Lock the taskbar.
    • Turn off the 'Show taskbar on all displays' option
    • 'Auto hide' option has no effect.
    • Setting the Surface display as the primary, rebooting, setting the external monitor as primary

Any ideas?

erickson.brian, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 4, 2020
  4. External Main Monitor Taskbar Help!

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

External Main Monitor Taskbar Help!

1. External Main Monitor Taskbar Help! - Similar Threads - External Main Monitor

2. How to set my external monitor as the main monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set my external monitor as the main monitor: I have an MSI gaming laptop connected to an external 1440p monitor. The laptop has a 1080p monitor. Some of my games only want to run on the laptop monitor and I end up having to open the lid to get the game to display on the external monitor. When I do this, the game...
  3. How to set my external monitor as the main monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set my external monitor as the main monitor: I have an MSI gaming laptop connected to an external 1440p monitor. The laptop has a 1080p monitor. Some of my games only want to run on the laptop monitor and I end up having to open the lid to get the game to display on the external monitor. When I do this, the game...
  4. How to set my external monitor as the main monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar thumbnails not showing on the main monitor

Taskbar thumbnails not showing on the main monitor: Hello. all.I just migrated from Windows 10 to 11 on a computer with two monitors. Taskbar shows fine on both screens and all app icons are there.The situation is with the pop-up thumbnails, on the secondary old AOC LM760s monitor, when hovering over the taskbar icons, all...
  6. Taskbar thumbnails not showing on the main monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar thumbnails not showing on the main monitor: Hello. all.I just migrated from Windows 10 to 11 on a computer with two monitors. Taskbar shows fine on both screens and all app icons are there.The situation is with the pop-up thumbnails, on the secondary old AOC LM760s monitor, when hovering over the taskbar icons, all...
  7. Taskbar not showing extra features on main monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing extra features on main monitor.: This is my taskbar on my main monitor, I have a second monitor and that one has a full taskbarweather, change language and background apps including the little edits I made, how do I fix this...
  8. Set external monitor as main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set external monitor as main: Hello. Every time I open the laptop, I have to manually set the external monitor to be the main one, not wanting to use the laptop one anymore. How can I make Windows remember this setting every time I start it? This is Windows 10 Pro with up-to-date updates....
  9. Set external monitor as main

Set external monitor as main: Hello. Every time I open the laptop, I have to manually set the external monitor to be the main one, not wanting to use the laptop one anymore. How can I make Windows remember this setting every time I start it? This is Windows 10 Pro with up-to-date updates....
  10. Can't make external monitor main display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't make external monitor main display: I have an Acer Aspire ES-15 Win 10 laptop and an external Hanns-G monitor which i would like to make the main display. I go to SETTINGS > DISPLAY and there is a tickbox that says "MAKE THIS MY MAIN DISPLAY" This is the option i want, however the tickbox is greyed out and i...