Windows 10: External mic being recognized as headphones

Discus and support External mic being recognized as headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my external mic is constantly being recognized as headphones. I have tried updating my audio drivers, even reinstalling them but nothing seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VasilisPapamichail, Apr 27, 2021.

1. External mic being recognized as headphones

Hi, my external mic is constantly being recognized as headphones. I have tried updating my audio drivers, even reinstalling them but nothing seems to work. I currently use RealtekR Audio and I have this problem. I tried downloading Realtek HD Audio but when I did my microphone wasn't even recognizable. Any suggestions?

:)

VasilisPapamichail, Apr 27, 2021
  2. JoeKeng Win User

External mic recognized as headphone.

Hi, I usually use my external mic to recording my tutorial. But suddenly my external mic dint pop up what used for device (mic in, line in....). I found that it recognized as headphone. I tried to find the Realtek Audio Manager but failed to open. Another
    changes i found is my playback device always is showed "High Definition Audio Device (SST)", but suddenly it shows "High Definition Audio Device" only.

External mic being recognized as headphones d2458f2f-652d-4c9f-9efc-419510244f52?upload=true.png

the photo above shows my external mic recognized as headphones.

External mic being recognized as headphones 7921a73e-f522-4fb2-9423-0c61335fc304?upload=true.png

The screenshot shows cannot find realtek HD audio manager in the device manager, cannot update driver.

Hope someone to tell me what problem i faced,software or is the mic problem? can i use system restore to get back like before?

JoeKeng, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Mic Will Not Be Recognized With Headphones

I have a computer with windows on it, and for some reason, one night my computer would no longer recognize my mic on my headphones when I plugged it in. I have tried rolling back drivers but that has not worked. I know the mic works because I have been
    able to use it on my phone, and the port on my computer did work with mic + speaker together. However, I was recently able to get my computer to recognize the mic from the mic in slot, and the headphones from the audio out, however they don't work together.
    I would really appreciate help.

#Superoreo, Apr 27, 2021
  4. External mic being recognized as headphones

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

External mic being recognized as headphones

1. External mic being recognized as headphones - Similar Threads - External mic being

2. Headphone mic not being recognized Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone mic not being recognized Windows 11: I bought a new desktop and as I am trying to get into a voice call with a friend I found out my desktop does pic up my mic in my headphones we've tried everything but still my mic does not get picked up by my desktop. I've tired different headphones in my only jack but still...
  3. Headphone mic not being recognized Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone mic not being recognized Windows 11: I bought a new desktop and as I am trying to get into a voice call with a friend I found out my desktop does pic up my mic in my headphones we've tried everything but still my mic does not get picked up by my desktop. I've tired different headphones in my only jack but still...
  4. External Microphone being recognized as Headphones in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    External Microphone being recognized as Headphones in Windows 10: Many Windows users are experiencing an error, when they add an external Microphone to their computer, it gets recognized as headphones. This can be a bit frustrating especially if you are a content creator who doesn’t want to use a poor-quality Mic that comes bundled with...
  5. Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working: Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-being-recognized-as-speakers-and/1a83bfc0-dc89-4be6-88f4-6efa058e345d
  6. Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone

Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone: So I have a brand new MSI codex R gaming desktop, and I have been stuck with this issue for 2 weeks now. I have a gaming headphone that has a mic attached with it. The problem here is that I have 2 jack ports in my pc, one that has a silhouette representing a microphone, and...
  7. External mic recognized as headphone.

External mic recognized as headphone.: Hi, I usually use my external mic to recording my tutorial. But suddenly my external mic dint pop up what used for device mic in, line in..... I found that it recognized as headphone. I tried to find the Realtek Audio Manager but failed to open. Another changes i found is...
  8. Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working

Headphone being recognized as speakers and headphone mic not working: Hello there. I have a pair of "Blackweb Premium Series Studio Over-Ear Headphones with in-line mic". It has one 3.5mm audio jack and for some reason it gets recognized as "Speakers RealtekR Audio" and the microphone does not seem work no matter which port i plug the...
  9. Mic Will Not Be Recognized With Headphones

Mic Will Not Be Recognized With Headphones: I have a computer with windows on it, and for some reason, one night my computer would no longer recognize my mic on my headphones when I plugged it in. I have tried rolling back drivers but that has not worked. I know the mic works because I have been able to use it on my...
  10. PC not recognizing Headphone Mic

PC not recognizing Headphone Mic: Hi all; recently my computer had a Windows 10 update, and now my PC won't recognize my headphone mic. Previously, I had no issues with it on this PC; I would plug it in the headphones jack and be able to set it up. Now, however, I can either plug it in the headphones jack...