Windows 10: External mic doesn't allow me to use Movies and TV and Spotify

Discus and support External mic doesn't allow me to use Movies and TV and Spotify in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought the AT2020USB+ microphone recently. I plugged it into my Dell G3 laptop and Windows told me that it was set up successfully. I even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshK_18, Aug 28, 2020.

1. JoshK_18 Win User

External mic doesn't allow me to use Movies and TV and Spotify

I bought the AT2020USB+ microphone recently. I plugged it into my Dell G3 laptop and Windows told me that it was set up successfully. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the mic's drivers just to be sure. However, when I use the Movies and TV app, only the first frame of the video plays and then it restarts in an endless loop until I close the app. Similarly, when I open Spotify on my laptop, I am not able to skip any songs, and the song name on the top left of my screen does not fade; it just stays there until I close Spotify.

I have found a few workarounds for this problem but they aren't ideal:

1. Set my default speaker to my laptop speakers instead of my headphones, then switch it back to my headphones. only works sometimes

2. Unplug my external mic, then replug it into my laptop.

I don't know if it's important, but my mic also has a headphone jack. I use my laptop's headphone jack, not my mic's.

If anyone can find a solution to this problem that would be greatly appreciated!

:)

JoshK_18, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 28, 2020
  4. External mic doesn't allow me to use Movies and TV and Spotify

Movies & TV

Please don't reset the app or do any those steps that the previous poster suggested, they're unnecessary and can cause other problems.

The first step to try is restoring your purchases from within the settings menu of the Movies & TV app.

Click the … then select Settings, select Restore my available video purchases.

Give it a few minutes to run, then go back to the Purchased tab and try playing the movie again.

airmattdog, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

External mic doesn't allow me to use Movies and TV and Spotify

1. External mic doesn't allow me to use Movies and TV and Spotify - Similar Threads - External mic doesn't

2. Movies And TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies And TV: Hello There, Since I Have Reinstalled My Movies And TV App Whenever I Play A Video It Says "Cant Play Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.Error 0x800700ea I Watched The Same Video On Other Players Like...
  3. Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV: Hello, I have rented a few movies in the Microsoft Store on my PC, but I want to watch them on my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, is there any way I can watch the movies I bought on my phone? Is there a certain app I can download? I can't find the Movies and TV app...
  4. Movies & TV

Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  5. Movies & TV app doesn't remember size

Movies & TV app doesn't remember size: I cannot get Windows 10's Movies & TV app to remember the window size. (Side note: I'm using a 4K monitor, therefore, the Movies & TV app window size loads at about a fraction of my screen.) It starts out small, and I try dragging the corners out (even while holding CTRL...
  6. Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV: How do I stop Movies & TV application from starting alone when I put it into Pause? I stopped auto play in the Microsoft Store settings and it stills plays around 10 seconds after I put it in Pause. Thanks...
  7. movies & TV

movies & TV: When I play a movie I get the sound but the window is solid green, I can't see the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv/451af57b-80ec-4dd0-8a40-9c47f2325f5f
  8. Movies and TV

in Windows 10 Support
    Movies and TV: I was reading an article and saw that Windows 10 has built-in Movie and TV APP. I have looked around but I don't see any such thing.. Presently I have HDMI cord from my PC to my TV and can watch movies from my PC to my TV using either VLC or K-lite. The issue as I see it is...
  9. Miracast doesn't allow me to use WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast doesn't allow me to use WiFi: Recently I bought a TCL 49s405 TV. I would like to take advantage of the possibility to use it as a second monitor (I know there will be lag, it will just be to watch certain images, charts...). In the beginning, I couldn't cast anything to my TV at all; but after updating...
  10. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617