Windows 10: External mic isn't working on Bootcamp Mac running Windows 10

Discus and support External mic isn't working on Bootcamp Mac running Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on a Bootcamp mac running Windows 10. I can confirm that both the headphones sound and the headphones mic work when I'm running Mac OS. I can get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TacoTimes, Oct 17, 2020.

1. TacoTimes Win User

External mic isn't working on Bootcamp Mac running Windows 10

I'm on a Bootcamp mac running Windows 10. I can confirm that both the headphones sound and the headphones mic work when I'm running Mac OS. I can get sound through the headphones when I'm on Windows 10, but the mic just defaults to the built-in. When I go into settings, it just says Cirrus Logic speakers and microphone. I can't use the built-in mic because I really need to talk on just voice calls and gaming, which makes the fans on my computer super loud, blocking out my voice. From what I've seen online, this is a pretty common issue, but I haven't been able to find a solid solution. It's not just these headphones, I've used two different sets of earbuds too.

:)

TacoTimes, Oct 17, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 17, 2020
  3. External display not working in Windows 10 on Bootcamp on Macbook Pro

Hi There,

I've got a Macbook Pro 2018 and I'm running Bootcamp with Windows 10. I'm trying to connect my computer to an external display. The external display works on my Mac side, but it is not working on the Windows
    side. When I restart my computer on the Windows side, the external display shows the screen for about 2 seconds, then it turns off again. In my settings, the external display can't be recognised.

any help please!

Thanks

ChaiSamuel, Oct 17, 2020
  4. External mic isn't working on Bootcamp Mac running Windows 10

Windows 10 Bootcamp Installation: Mic isn't appearing

I have a Mac Mini with two audio jacks, one I use for headphones. I use apple earbuds, and they've always worked as a mic for Skype calls. Recently, I've installed Windows 10 on my Mac using Boot-camp, and the mic in my earbuds isn't working. The audio works
    fine, but the mic does not register. After some troubleshooting, I found the "recording devices" tab in Device Manager, and I found that my earbuds do not even appear on the list. It says Line-In (not connected) and Digital Audio. I've seen a lot of help suggesting
    to update the drivers, but how can I update the drivers if the earbuds don't even appear? Is it a hardware issue? Thanks!

UPDATE: I also tried plugging a USB Blue Snowball mic in--same problem.

WillVan de Walle, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

External mic isn't working on Bootcamp Mac running Windows 10

1. External mic isn't working on Bootcamp Mac running Windows 10 - Similar Threads - External mic isn't

2. BootCamp for M1 Macs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BootCamp for M1 Macs: Hey Microsoft can you ask apple to help upgrade BootCamp to M1 mac so I can play some windows games please. Thank you-JD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootcamp-for-m1-macs/97786199-0752-494b-9fab-bb7e072fef1c
  3. Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp: HelloDear all,I have installed windows 10 in mac bootcamp for some years.Recently I decided to resize the windows volume and did it though mac disk utility but after that I cannot enter to windows and get error code 0xc0000225I tried startup repair and fixing boot from cmd...
  4. Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp: HelloDear all,I have installed windows 10 in mac bootcamp for some years.Recently I decided to resize the windows volume and did it though mac disk utility but after that I cannot enter to windows and get error code 0xc0000225I tried startup repair and fixing boot from cmd...
  5. Windows 10 Audio not working on Mac using bootcamp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio not working on Mac using bootcamp: Hey y'all, so I recently installed Windows 10 on my 2018 MacBook Air, and when I put my laptop to sleep, the audio turns off. I have to restart the computer every time I want the sound to work again. I tried updating the drivers, but nothing was available. If you have any...
  6. windows 10 on external ssd with bootcamp for mac. Keyboard and track pad not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 on external ssd with bootcamp for mac. Keyboard and track pad not working: I installed windows 10 on my external ssd with bootcamp for mac and in the windows partition my keyboard or track pad is not working. I went through downloaded windows support and bootcamp set up. Any guidance?...
  7. bootcamp mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    bootcamp mac: Hi every time I try to install windows 10 on my mac air, after downloading the iso image and restarting in windows, I get the error message windows can not be installed on t=drive 0 partition 1. I thought it was the usb key format but I'mnot sure. Have tried everything....
  8. Running Windows 10 in bootcamp and having mic issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running Windows 10 in bootcamp and having mic issues.: As it says in the title, I am having an issue with an external microphone running Windows 10 in bootcamp. The issues is that despite the system knowing that the microphone is present and connected (visible to apps and in settings) no input is being picked up from it. When I...
  9. Windows 10 Bootcamp on Mac - HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Bootcamp on Mac - HELP: I have no internet! It shows that I have no internet, it says I need to install a support driver... no idea what this means submitted by /u/chromeoM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1nx1v/windows_10_bootcamp_on_mac_help/
  10. Windows 10 on Mac Pro with Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on Mac Pro with Bootcamp: Once again, an update to Win 10 on my Mac Pro has completly crashed. I'm running 4 x 1t drives. Yosemite, Time Machine, Win 7 and Win 10. For the third time now, Win 10 has done an update and crashed. It tries to start and just goes into a loop. Has anybody else had any...