Windows 10: External Mic not working

Discus and support External Mic not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an external microphone that was working perfectly a few days ago but now has no input at all, I've made sure it has access and everything to all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dapiggywig56, Dec 22, 2019.

1. External Mic not working

I have an external microphone that was working perfectly a few days ago but now has no input at all, I've made sure it has access and everything to all the apps, I've run a troubleshoot but to no avail... Any help?

submitted by /u/dapiggywig56
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dapiggywig56, Dec 22, 2019

2. My external mic is not working. Pls Help !!!!!

Hey Guys, My External Mic is not working. My Headphone sound is working but my mic is not working, pls give your suggestions. Thanks.

IrvingNoronaha, Dec 22, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Jxchong Win User

External Mic not working

Laptop unable to work with external mic

I tried to connect my external headset (headset without mic)
    and a external mic to my laptop via a splitter headset work just fine but mic wont work. But the mic will work if it is connected directly to the audio jack
    (aslo i tried the splitter with my gaming headset with mic and it works just fine) (tried update and reinstall driver) (just to add on i also bought another splitter but also wont work)

Jxchong, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

External Mic not working

1. External Mic not working - Similar Threads - External Mic working

2. Extern mic issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extern mic issues: External mic won't pick up audio.It's a headphone set. Mic works fine in other devices.Audio works fine just the mic is the problem. So it's not the jack.Computer only wants to pick up internal mic even when I have set everything to the headphone mic.Yes drivers updatedI've...
  3. External Mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Mic: I updated windows 10 a couple weeks ago and since then my external mics have stopped working, I keep looking up the answer to this question and could never find a straight-forward answer. I dont have windows 10 activated and i was wondering if that is the issue. submitted by...
  4. external mic not dectected and not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external mic not dectected and not working: hi I have a Sony VAIO-Z series with windows 10. I would like to add a external mic to it using the 3.5mm jack. I have a 3.5mm male with 2 black bars I can't upload a image, sorry and a mic on the other side. when I plug it in, the computer doesn't recognize the mic and it...
  5. Laptop internal and external mic not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop internal and external mic not working: I have an asus K501LX and the microphone is not working. I tried using problem solving from the sound settings and it is not giving me any options. So i tried to plug in a USB microphone from sennheiser and the mic is still not working. I thought it had something to do with...
  6. External Mic.

External Mic.: How do I record with an external Mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mic/588c55f0-e7ba-4d38-8d68-f33fa095b9e8
  7. My external mic is not working. Pls Help !!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My external mic is not working. Pls Help !!!!!: Hey Guys, My External Mic is not working. My Headphone sound is working but my mic is not working, pls give your suggestions. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-mic-is-not-working-pls-help/8404332e-6a3b-4cab-9fe8-bd4156c0859e
  8. external mic Boya BY M1 not working.

external mic Boya BY M1 not working.: in my laptop Lenovo idealpad 320...i'm trying to use boya by m1 mic as an external mic but it's not working. plz give me the solution for this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mic-boya-by-m1-not-working/bc690403-90e6-44b7-9d48-76394a0da5b6
  9. Laptop unable to work with external mic

Laptop unable to work with external mic: I tried to connect my external headset (headset without mic) and a external mic to my laptop via a splitter headset work just fine but mic wont work. But the mic will work if it is connected directly to the audio jack (aslo i tried the splitter with my gaming headset with...
  10. External Mic not working

External Mic not working: I have an Aser Aspire V 15 Nitro - Black Edition and I am running the most recent version of windows 10. Recently I got a new headset with a built-in microphone. When I plug them in the headphones work perfectly, however it is obvious that my computer is not using the built...