Windows 10: External Microphone detected but not picking up audio, while earphone works just fine

Discus and support External Microphone detected but not picking up audio, while earphone works just fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i plugged my earphone to the back port audio jack and i set the output to the "Speakers Realtek high definition audio" and my earphone works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasonMSH, May 5, 2021.

1. JasonMSH Win User

External Microphone detected but not picking up audio, while earphone works just fine

So i plugged my earphone to the back port audio jack and i set the output to the "Speakers Realtek high definition audio" and my earphone works fine.And then i bought a microphone, i plug it in at the back port microphone jack too. So i'm using external earphone and external microphone at the same time, which i plugged those both at the back port audio & microphone jack. The problem is while my earphone works just fine, my microphone did not. It detect the microphone as "Microphone Realtek high definition audio". I thought maybe it's like that and it should work ju

:)

JasonMSH, May 5, 2021

2. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, May 5, 2021
  3. Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

I currently have a pair of razer kraken pro v2's which are plugged into my computer via a headphone splitter. My computer detects my headphones just fine (audio working and all), but when it comes to using the microphone it doesn't seem to pick up my voice at all and only picks up audio coming out through the headphones.

(EDIT): My microphone can now pick up my voice, but it still picks up sounds from my computer. Any way to fix this this?

robloxfunny, May 5, 2021
  4. External Microphone detected but not picking up audio, while earphone works just fine

Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, May 5, 2021
Thema:

External Microphone detected but not picking up audio, while earphone works just fine

1. External Microphone detected but not picking up audio, while earphone works just fine - Similar Threads - External Microphone detected

2. Microphone picking up desktop audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up desktop audio: so when i try and use a wired headset into my audio jack the desktop audio as well as my voice is registered HELP ME!! i have tried everything i clean reinstalled win 10 and 11 but nothing seemed to have resolver the issue i tried re downloading the drivers but still no luck...
  3. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  4. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  5. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Microphone picking up PC audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this for a long time and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc. I have already tried a lot of things.Mix stereo is turned offThe microphone is not picking up physical sound from my...
  7. Microphone not picking up speech, both with microphone array and earphones

Microphone not picking up speech, both with microphone array and earphones: Hi, I have a HP Envy, running on Windows 10, with an inbuilt Intel Smart Sound Technology mic array. My microphone cut out towards the end of a Zoom call, and now refuses to pick up input when I am talking. The microphone volume is set at 100%, and the troubleshooter...
  8. Earphones only pick up sound, but the microphone doesn't work.

Earphones only pick up sound, but the microphone doesn't work.: Hello, So I've been googling around for a while now and this is my last resort. I just bought these JBL Tune210 earphones 3.5mm with an in-built microphone, but when I plug in the jack stick in my port on the laptop Acer Aspire e15 it keeps using my internal laptop mic...
  9. Microphone not picking up audio

Microphone not picking up audio: Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings. I have done literally everything from checking if the...
  10. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but not picking up sound: My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows. Now...