Windows 10: external microphone doesn't work

Discus and support external microphone doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I recently bought this external microphone:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lorenz&, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Lorenz& Win User

external microphone doesn't work

Lorenz&, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Nov 25, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

external microphone doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 25, 2019
  4. external microphone doesn't work

External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

external microphone doesn't work

1. external microphone doesn't work - Similar Threads - external microphone doesn't

2. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  3. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  4. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External Microphone Not Working

External Microphone Not Working: I plug in my usb external microphone/headset to make a call with Google Voice. I then unplug the headset to join a Zoom call. I get a message through Zoom that I am not connected to audio. I plug the external usb headset in and Zoom does not recognize audio. The only way for...
  6. External Microphones Not Working

External Microphones Not Working: Windows 10 Home Lenovo S740 Issue: External microphones not working Built-in mic is working fine, but once I switch to a headset either bluetooth or 3.5mm wired, microphone does not pick up anything. I've checked the privacy settings, and mic is enabled. Volume for...
  7. External Microphone Not Working

External Microphone Not Working: I just restarted my Inspirion Dell Laptop I'm not sure if there was a windows update or not but when it restarted even though my headphones were plugged in it would use the built-in microphone. I've tried restarting my computer and reinstalling the microphone driver. I've...
  8. External microphone not working

External microphone not working: I have headphones that have a built in microphone, but whenever I try to use it, it doesn't work. The weird thing is that it was working fine a few days ago, I was recording my voice for something, I messed up and tried to do another take, but the microphone didn't pick up my...
  9. External headset microphone doesn't work, but headphones do

External headset microphone doesn't work, but headphones do: I just bought a new Dell G5 5590 and I also have new Sony 1000X M3 headphones. The headphones work on my phone for both the microphone and the speakers. However, when I try to use them with my laptop, sound comes through the speakers, but it doesn't recognize the...
  10. External Microphone not Working

External Microphone not Working: The update has broken my mic. If i plug in an external mic, it doesn't even show up in connected devices. Speakers or headsets don't show up either, but they do play audio when plugged in. The mic neither shows up or plays anything. If I downgrade the audio driver, the mic...