Windows 10: External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11

Discus and support External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Device Specifications: Dell Inspiron 5510Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11390H @ 3.40GHz 2.92 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable System type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoelMapleleaf, May 18, 2022.

1. External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11

Device Specifications: Dell Inspiron 5510Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11390H @ 3.40GHz 2.92 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Windows Specifications:Edition Windows 11 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎12/‎24/‎2021 OS build 22000.675 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.675.0 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello,A USB connected microphone I purchased will not detect any sou

:)

JoelMapleleaf, May 18, 2022

2. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, May 18, 2022
  3. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, May 18, 2022
  4. External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, May 18, 2022
Thema:

External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11

1. External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - External Microphone Detecting

2. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  3. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  4. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Microphone Not Detecting Sound on Windows 11: Device Specifications: Dell Inspiron 5510Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11390H @ 3.40GHz 2.92 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Windows...
  6. Internal and External Microphone Not Detected

Internal and External Microphone Not Detected: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7300 2n1 and I'm running a Windows Version of 10.0.19042 Build 19042. Both internal and external microphones are not being detected. All drivers are fully updated using the Dell SupportAssist app. I've attached a screenshot to describe this issue....
  7. Microphone sound not detected

Microphone sound not detected: I´ve had this problem since I reinstalled windows on my PC. I´ve connected several microphones through the frond jacks and rear ones, but it doesn´t seem to recognise any sound. I´ve also tried this on other apps such as discord, but it still doesn´t work. I reinstalled the...
  8. Microphones Detected But No Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphones Detected But No Sound: I have been trying multiple mics, and they are all recognized, but no program, including windows' test function are able to get any sound. I've tried 1 mic and 2 webcams. The webcams can display video but not audio. And yes, I changed the setting under privacy to let...
  9. windows not detecting external microphone

windows not detecting external microphone: I am using a remax 195 hb headset which was working fine untill suddenly it's microphone is not detecting, I have tested the headset on other device and there its microphone is working just fine. But when connected to laptop hp 450 g4 its speaker is working just fine but...
  10. External microphone not detected; Windows 10

External microphone not detected; Windows 10: Hey! So, I recently bought a new microphone [Neewer NW-8000] along with a phantom power box [NW-100] for recording purposes. Problem is, my laptop can't even seem to detect it. I've done everything I've seen online from trying to configure (no luck, because the device wasn't...