Windows 10: External Microphone Not Working With Game DVR!

Discus and support External Microphone Not Working With Game DVR! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I want to record footage of gameplay on windows 10. However, OBS studio and StreamLabs lag too much when I try to play games with them. So, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thomas Alban, Oct 20, 2019.

1. External Microphone Not Working With Game DVR!

Hi,

I want to record footage of gameplay on windows 10. However, OBS studio and StreamLabs lag too much when I try to play games with them. So, I tried using Game DVR to record gameplay. I have a steinberg ur22 audio soundcard which links up to an external mic which I would like to use. Game DVR solved the lag problem but would not record audio through the external mic, and would only work when I unplugged the external audio device and used the awful microphone on my surface pro 6. I checked that the microphone was working in settings and it is all fine.

How do I solve this problem? Or is there another screen recorder which does not produce lag like OBS studio does?

Thanks

:)

Thomas Alban, Oct 20, 2019
  2. Helmer.1 Win User

Game DVR Changing microphone

How to change the microphone used for game dvr?

Helmer.1, Oct 20, 2019
  3. cusman Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Game DVR not recording Microphone

It used to work than some Microsoft updates later it stopped working. I don't often try to record my microphone so I am not sure when.

I have verified my Windows 10 Game DVR Settings

• Record audio when I record a game: On
    • Turn mic on by default when I record: Checked
    • Record game audio only: Off
    • Recorded Video: 60 fps
    • Video quality: High
    • Capture mouse cursor in recordings: Checked

Additionally, I checked the Microphone Privacy Settings

• Allow apps to access your microphone: On
    • Choose which apps can access your microphone: All On except Cortana and Win32WebViewHost (default settings). I tried turning these on but didn't help.

In case it matters, I am using Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset (PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset - Uncharted 4 Limited Edition:Amazon:Video Games). I know the Microphone is working because people I am playing with can hear me just fine. The only issue is Game DVR isn't recording my voice when it is recording both game audio and other player voices.

Any help resolving this would be appreciated. Thanks

cusman, Oct 20, 2019
  4. External Microphone Not Working With Game DVR!

Game DVR not working

Hi Yashaswini,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Game DVR. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below
    article Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...r-windows-10#8e09088ddd7545719a86dd7399a46d9f

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with Game DVR. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

External Microphone Not Working With Game DVR!

1. External Microphone Not Working With Game DVR! - Similar Threads - External Microphone Working

2. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game DVR: Nvidia Quadro 3000M support Game DVR for win10 xbox video record? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-dvr/7581a001-7c3d-40b5-b93b-b05ccd2ec615
  3. DVR keeps turning of microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVR keeps turning of microphone: Every time I tab out of rocket league, it stops recording my microphone through the capture bar. As someone who tabs out a lot, it's really annoying having to enable my microphone every time. Is there any way to make it so my microphone is on while using the one app? My...
  4. Game DVR not working in game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game DVR not working in game: A few days ago the Xbox game bar stopped working in any of my games, when I press the shortcut win+G to bring up the game bar it will only do so on my desktop and not in any of my games. I have tried repairing and uninstalling the game bar and also checking all of the...
  5. Game DVR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game DVR: hallo ich habe ein kleines Problem was ich nicht verstehen kann nämlich ich habe ein Laptop und ein pc aber Game DVR ging ganz normal auf Laptop aber auf pc sagt mir Game DVR mein Hardwareanforderungen kann nicht erfüllt werden was eigentlich ja Garnicht sein kann ich...
  6. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  7. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  8. GAME DVR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GAME DVR: what IS MOVIE FORMAT FOR GAME DVR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/game-dvr/58a87439-8d23-4c58-9a98-ed68fe690ef6
  9. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game DVR: When I try to record clips of my Rocket League Gameplay, they clips are just blank screens with audio. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/game-dvr/eee274d8-61e3-406c-ba19-58d2988dc70c
  10. Does Game DVR work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Game DVR work?: I downloaded the xbox app game asphalt 8 : airborne, love the car racing game, decided to make a clip of it using game dvr (windows key + G), hit red dot to start recording, it does, but then when I come back to it to hit the red dot again to stop recording, it says it cant...