Windows 10: External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers

Discus and support External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I have been having a problem over the past couple of weeks where my laptop, Gigabyte Aero 15 WA, no longer uses the microphone from my earbuds that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Akshay Dupuguntla, Apr 27, 2021.

1. External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers

Hi,I have been having a problem over the past couple of weeks where my laptop, Gigabyte Aero 15 WA, no longer uses the microphone from my earbuds that I would like to use and rather just uses the laptop's built-in microphone. The audio output to my earbuds works just fine when plugged in and I have already tested the microphone on another device so I know it works just fine. It seems to me that the issue started after a Windows update occurred on my laptop. Here are the things I tried so far based on my research:- Opened the microphone tab in privacy in settings. Everything is already al

:)

Akshay Dupuguntla, Apr 27, 2021
  2. Rich H567 Win User

Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Microphone jack won't work

Hello Virak,

The mic jack cannot be used for headphones, at least not with a stock Realtek driver. Additionally, Windows does not support outputting audio to two devices as the same time. There are third party software that will allow this functionality, however, if
    your headphones are listed as "Speakers/Headphones" then it's unlikely that those tools will work. If the device is listed that way, the Realtek driver treats both audio jacks as a single device and automatically switches from the Speakers (rear audio jack)
    to the Headphones (front audio jack.) It will not allow both to be used at the same time. However, you can buy a "3.5mm Headphone Splitter" (they cost about $6 USD on Amazon) that will split the one audio jack into two jacks. I hope this helps, please let
    me know if you have any further questions External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers :)

Daniel The Admin, Apr 27, 2021
  4. External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers

Headphone jack no longer working with Realtek.

When you plug in your Head set the Mic goes in the red lack and the Headphone jack goes in the green jack. This will automatically cut the sound to the speakers. I am talking about the from inputs. The Realtek Audio Console can be downloaded from the store. Below are some images that may help.

External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers [​IMG]

External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers

1. External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers - Similar Threads - External Microphone Working

2. Headphone jack....RealTek...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone jack....RealTek...: Hello.My headphone jack isn't working. I looked around on the web and was directed towards the realtek driver. I suspect that is the issue since I don't have it downloaded.I downloaded it manually from realtek, but got hit with a an 'Error Code', stating 'No driver supported...
  3. Headphone jack....RealTek...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack....RealTek...: Hello.My headphone jack isn't working. I looked around on the web and was directed towards the realtek driver. I suspect that is the issue since I don't have it downloaded.I downloaded it manually from realtek, but got hit with a an 'Error Code', stating 'No driver supported...
  4. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  5. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  6. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

7. Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.: I have a Fairly new PC, the DellI inspiron 3891. It has 2 places to put my headphones in, a green port in the backDose not support mic, and there is not the red mic port, and a non-colored port in the front, which should be the port for audio and mic.My problem is the front...
  8. Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.

Headphone jack/ audio driver not working.: I have a Fairly new PC, the DellI inspiron 3891. It has 2 places to put my headphones in, a green port in the backDose not support mic, and there is not the red mic port, and a non-colored port in the front, which should be the port for audio and mic.My problem is the front...
  9. External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers

External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers: Hi, everyone, When I try to use the microphone on my new Dell Inspiron 3880 desktop, it is not working. I have tried to solve it by following ways. Still, it remains a dame. But the Headphone works perfectly. * Install the latest audio drives * Removed the latest drives and...
  10. Headphone jack no longer working with Realtek.

Headphone jack no longer working with Realtek.: Hi people. This is my first attempt at getting help. I've searched all the forums but can't find a solution to my issue. I have an Asus Zenbook with Realtek audio and Win 10. Every now and then I find that the headphone jack no longer works. This used to be that an update...