Windows 10: External Monitor and USB devices shut off randomly

Discus and support External Monitor and USB devices shut off randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I have been having a problem where my external monitor and USB devices. Use a laptop connected to a monitor with lid closed and my monitor and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Irverxia, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Irverxia Win User

External Monitor and USB devices shut off randomly

Recently I have been having a problem where my external monitor and USB devices. Use a laptop connected to a monitor with lid closed and my monitor and devices are bugging. They are just randomly turning off for example, I am playing a game like minecraft and my monitor shuts off, it doesnt turn off, it just goes black, same for my usb devices they are on but they all just turn off as well. Then a few seconds later it turns back on and works again but this is becoming a problem which is very annoying. Everything is plugged in well but I suspect it is something to do with drivers? Any ideas?

:)

Irverxia, Sep 2, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

external monitors switch off randomly - possibly connected to Skype for Business usage?

Hi Robert,

It is possible that you're experiencing issues with your external monitors due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To assist you better, I'd like to gather more information:

• Are you using the same device when connecting your laptop to your external monitors?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

Meanwhile, if not, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article about updating drivers in Windows

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 2, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 External USB Monitor

Hi Anthony

Please provide more detail on this problem . . .

What type of USB port are you connecting that monitor to and what type of converter are you using?

What type graphics card/chip is on that laptop, does it support 2 external monitors - open Device Manager, expand the Display Adapters section, what device(s) are listed there?

DaveM121, Sep 2, 2021
  4. Romel Ram Win User

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

1. External Monitor and USB devices shut off randomly - Similar Threads - External Monitor USB

2. My monitor keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor keeps randomly shutting off: Hi there, I have a Lenovo ideacentre gaming 5i computer. windows 11 It's been working like a dream until recently, where when I try to use it, it simply doesn't work. I would log in, and then a couple seconds later my monitor will go black and the fan on the computer will...
  3. My monitor keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor keeps randomly shutting off: Hi there, I have a Lenovo ideacentre gaming 5i computer. windows 11 It's been working like a dream until recently, where when I try to use it, it simply doesn't work. I would log in, and then a couple seconds later my monitor will go black and the fan on the computer will...
  4. Issue with USB Devices Consistently Shutting Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with USB Devices Consistently Shutting Off: Hello,I have a problem with my PC and after digging through the internet over the last few months with no positive results to try and fix this problem. Randomly, all USB devices plugged into my PC will completely shut off and turn back on usually about 5-15 seconds before...
  5. Issue with USB Devices Consistently Shutting Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with USB Devices Consistently Shutting Off: Hello,I have a problem with my PC and after digging through the internet over the last few months with no positive results to try and fix this problem. Randomly, all USB devices plugged into my PC will completely shut off and turn back on usually about 5-15 seconds before...
  6. Issue with USB Devices Consistently Shutting Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. External Dell Gaming Monitor randomly turns off and shuts down computer?

External Dell Gaming Monitor randomly turns off and shuts down computer?: Hi, I have an external monitor that gets recognized when I turn on my computer and startup but then cuts off a few seconds after it's recognized. If I leave it connect, it slips into searching for connection mode and then can't find the signal and turns itself off along with...
  8. Random shut off of USB/bluetooth devices.

Random shut off of USB/bluetooth devices.: I have a Dell Aurora R6 running on Window 10 that would experience random disconnects from USB devices/bluetooth devices without warning. These are things that I have done to try to mitigate the problem to no avail: 1) disabled allowing the computer to shut down USB ports to...
  9. USB Devices Randomly Shutting Off, Computer Randomly Restarts

USB Devices Randomly Shutting Off, Computer Randomly Restarts: I have been having a problem with my custom build where at least once a day all of my usb devices will disconnect, and then reconnect 10-20 seconds later. I turned off the automatic disconnect setting in windows and it still had no effect. Also, my computer will occasionally...
  10. monitor shuts off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor shuts off: I have a posting in network section, but not sure if that is the right spot. I am posting a question about my son's self built desktop he has had for years. He just had a new mother board and hard drive installed. The company that installed them insisted he put windows 10 on...