Windows 10: External Monitor audio not detected as Playback Device - DisplayPort 1.4

Discus and support External Monitor audio not detected as Playback Device - DisplayPort 1.4 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Philips monitor 4K/60 connected to my Surface Pro 3 via DisplayPort. All had been working perfectly for a couple of months, but all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lil_Thug, Jul 9, 2020.

1. External Monitor audio not detected as Playback Device - DisplayPort 1.4

Hello,

I have a Philips monitor 4K/60 connected to my Surface Pro 3 via DisplayPort. All had been working perfectly for a couple of months, but all of a sudden starting last night my monitor is not detected as an Output Device in my Sound settings, only Realtek is listed. Restarting did not fix the problem nor unplugging/plugging the cable.

Any thoughts on how to get my Output Device back?

submitted by /u/Lil_Thug
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lil_Thug, Jul 9, 2020

2. How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    VESA Publishes DisplayPort Standard Version 1.4

Source: VESA Publishes DisplayPort™ Standard Version 1.4 | VESA

Brink, Jul 9, 2020
  4. External Monitor audio not detected as Playback Device - DisplayPort 1.4

Windows 10 External Monitor with DisplayPort Cable

Hello!!

I have a Lenovo M715q. I am trying to connect a ThinkVision E24 External monitor to the computer. It does not recognize it or detect it. I've updated all of the Drivers. The monitor only has a VGA and DisplayPort Cable Input. I have a DisplayPort
    to DisplayPort cable connecting the monitor to my computer. I've tried going thru my BIOS, but Windows 10 does not have a Display option like Windows 7 where I could disable the Auto feature and enable multiple monitors. Any Ideas?

Thanks!!

ColoradoMTs, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

External Monitor audio not detected as Playback Device - DisplayPort 1.4

1. External Monitor audio not detected as Playback Device - DisplayPort 1.4 - Similar Threads - External Monitor audio

2. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device: I'm having a problem where 1 of my laptop's internal speakers is broken and making static noises. The only way I found to make the noise disappear is by muting the speakers through the sound settings.So I thought if I'm using a pair of external speakers, I can just mute the...
  3. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device: I'm having a problem where 1 of my laptop's internal speakers is broken and making static noises. The only way I found to make the noise disappear is by muting the speakers through the sound settings.So I thought if I'm using a pair of external speakers, I can just mute the...
  4. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged

External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged: My pc detects audio device when no audio device is plugged.I have not plugged any audio device but there is speaker in playback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-audio-device-detected-when-no-audio/1e426f44-a7eb-478f-a523-2eb923a2eb12
  6. Audio Playback Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Playback Devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  7. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  8. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  9. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  10. Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows...

Mini-DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 1) to Displayport external display not recognised in windows...: I am attempting to connect my 2012 unibody non-retina Macbook pro to an external display. MacOS runs flawlessly on the external display connected using a Mini-DisplayPort (mac-side) to DisplayPort (external monitor-side) cable. Windows 10, however, fails to recognize the...