Windows 10: External monitor audio

Discus and support External monitor audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a laptop with an external monitor. During online chat, when I share a video from the external monitor the audio from the external monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by k at h y, Nov 5, 2019.

1. k at h y Win User

External monitor audio

I'm using a laptop with an external monitor. During online chat, when I share a video from the external monitor the audio from the external monitor can't be heard by the other party.

:)

k at h y, Nov 5, 2019

2. How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Romel Ram Win User

External monitor audio

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

External monitor audio

1. External monitor audio - Similar Threads - External monitor audio

2. External monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor: My monitor is doubling everything and make it fuzzy iv gone online to try find solutions however none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor/efa8b0ba-b822-46fd-8596-bf0a9578b86a
  3. External monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor: My monitor is doubling everything and make it fuzzy iv gone online to try find solutions however none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor/efa8b0ba-b822-46fd-8596-bf0a9578b86a
  4. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup u32j59x is the model number of this Samsung monitor.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those...
  5. External monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitors?: I hope this Q about Win10 features doesn't cross over the "no tech support" line. I use a Dell laptop and one external Acer flat panel monitor. I believe I have "extended the desktop". I wish I could add a third monitor. Somewhere years ago I thought I learned that windows...
  6. External Audio

External Audio: Hello, I have run into a huge issue on my Dell Inspiron 7706 2n1 laptop. Whenever I plug in my headphones, and play audio, there is nothing but a loud hissing noise. At first I thought it was an issue with my headphones, but after pugging in a different pair, I think it's a...
  7. External Monitors

External Monitors: I am using the surface pro 3 and the surface doc to set up two external monitors. I have had the monitors working correctly without any problems, but I experience problems when I shut down the surface pro or disconnect from the doc. The monitors appear in the display menu,...
  8. External monitor

External monitor: I cannot connect an external DeskLab monitor via the USB-C port. All other devices connected via the same USB port work. The monitor also works connected via the Type-C connector to the Samsung S10e Smartphone. Maybe I need to enable some of this Win10 parameter? Juozas,...
  9. External monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External monitor: I'm wondering if I can connect a external monitor to use with this laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/external-monitor/1da79127-078f-421c-9bbb-b481ab55ab7e
  10. external audio

external audio: My laptop ( Dell 5755 ) has no audio, and I have tried, with support and without, to get the sound back with no success. I am now trying to pair a wired external speaker and can't get it to pair. Any ideas or possible solutions? Thanks a bunch. Tom...