Windows 10: External Monitor cannot recognized

Discus and support External Monitor cannot recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Dell with windows 10 does not recognize this monitor in HDMI one or two no signal floater on Insignia screen * Original title: Insignia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dawn3935, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Dawn3935 Win User

External Monitor cannot recognized

My Dell with windows 10 does not recognize this monitor in HDMI one or two no signal floater on Insignia screen

* Original title: Insignia monitor

:)

Dawn3935, Feb 27, 2019

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 27, 2019
  3. AlanYX Win User
    Windows 10 won't recognize external monitor

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with an ASUS MX279 external monitor. I just upgraded from 8.1 to Windows 10 and my computer does not recognize my external monitor. It doesn't look like ASUS has a Windows 10 driver on their website yet. Any suggestions on how
    I can get my external monitor to work?

Thanks -

Alan

AlanYX, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Igal_1234 Win User

Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Original Title: Igal

Hi,

I am using Samsung series 5 Ultra laptop. installed windows 10 and upgraded to office 2015.

my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor (HDMI connection). checked on a few different cables and monitors but nothing happens.

anyone has any suggestion how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Igal_1234, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. External Monitor cannot recognized - Similar Threads - External Monitor cannot

2. Cannot Connect Multiple External Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Connect Multiple External Monitors: For a long time, I just had one external monitor connected to my Windows 10 laptop. When I got a second external monitor, my PC was not detecting it. I could not see it in the settings. All the monitor was doing was duplicating what was happening on my first external monitor....
  3. Windows sometimes not properly recognizing external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows sometimes not properly recognizing external monitor: I have a Viotek GN34CW ultrawide monitor with native resolution of 3440x1440 connected to a Lenovo Thinkpad T490 running Windows 10 with a high speed HDMI cable.Sometimes, windows downgrades the monitor resolution to 1920x1080 and doesn't even show an option to bring it back...
  4. External monitor not showing image but is recognized

External monitor not showing image but is recognized: Hello, I've been trying to hook up my external monitor LG 27EA73 to a laptop Dell Latitude E6440 through a VGA cable without succes. I've been searching the internet for hours without finding a solution and hope to find one here. The laptop recognizes the monitor. Whenever...
  5. External monitor not being recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor not being recognized: Hi guys, I have an HP 8570w elitebook Win10 with a Nvidia K2000M graphics card. For years my Philips 274E 27'' monitor was working just fine. Since a month ago, I have no idea what happened but my monitor is not recognized. When I plug the display adapter, sometimes it works...
  6. windows 10 does not recognize external monitor

windows 10 does not recognize external monitor: windows 10 does not recognize external monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-recognize-external-monitor/ec9b0c11-a5cc-4d79-a443-9806d9bf2880
  7. External HDD is recognized but cannot be viewed on the windows explorer

External HDD is recognized but cannot be viewed on the windows explorer: Hi, I need help with my Externeal HDD (seagate 1TB), I havent used my HDD for more than a month now. When i plug it in, it lights up, reconized on the task bar on the lower right but I cannot access it through explorer or see the files stored inside. (I have previously...
  8. external monitor is not recognized

in Windows 10 Customization
    external monitor is not recognized: My Dell laptop running Windows 10 does not recognize external monitor Insignia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-is-not-recognized/5c0283c6-7783-4201-8dd8-99cff3042745
  9. external monitors not recognized after unpgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    external monitors not recognized after unpgrade to Windows 10: current config - windows 10 (1709) laptop, docking station , two external monitors My "When I close the lid" power setting when plugged in is set to "Do nothing". Prior to upgrade to Windows 10.... with laptop CLOSED, I was able to plug laptop into docking station and...
  10. No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank: After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update. I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one...