Windows 10: External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

Discus and support External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KubaJJ84, Aug 26, 2021.

1. KubaJJ84 Win User

External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external monitor works and the image appears. So, I guess its not the monitor or HDMI cable.However, with my Acer Predator Triton, the external monitor appears to be detected after it is plugged in it lights up and Windows recognizes it but there is no HDMI signal and it goes into standby after a few seconds.The only way to get it t

:)

KubaJJ84, Aug 26, 2021
  2. Gman_640 Win User

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

Gman_640, Aug 26, 2021
  3. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

Hi,

I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to updating to Windows 10 I used to be able to plug it in via HDMI to the TV and it would automatically display correctly.

Here's my laptop details:

Windows version: Windows 10 Home 64 bit, version 1909
    Model of laptop: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
    Processor: Intel Core i3 CPU, 2.53 Ghz
    Memory: 8GB ram
    Graphics drivers: Intel HD Graphics and AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series

I've tried the following suggestions to no avail. I've tried:

-two different HDMI cables.
    -changing the order in which the cables are plugged into the laptop/TV, as well as after a restart.
    -connecting to an external monitor as well as the TV.
    -updating both the display adapters (both are up to date).
    -rolling back the display adapters.
    -using the windows key + p command to toggle between 'duplicate' and 'extend' screen arrangements
    -using the 'detect' button for multiple displays in the display settings (pressing this does nothing)

I've noticed when it is connected, under both the display settings and the intel graphics control panel, there is only a single display listed (that of the the laptop). There is no second display listed under the 'multiple displays' panel. Also, when I plus the cable into the laptop from the TV, the TV will bring up an 'HDMI 3' selection box (when clicking on it, however, 'no signal' results).

Does anyone have any other ideas how to get the laptop to display on my TV via HDMI?

Thanks very much for the help

- - - Updated - - -

Someone helped me resolve this. For me, the following worked. Uninstall the AMD catalyst software. Download the crimson beta version from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graph...radeon-hd-5830. Restart after installation. Then press window key + p and chang it to 'duplicate' and it should display correctly.

johnfeldman, Aug 26, 2021
  4. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck.
    Suggestions welcome.

SteveEayrs1, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

1. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal - Similar Threads - External monitor connected

2. laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor: My monitor made a weird glitch in which I unplugged the HDMI cable from the ASUS laptop and Dell monitor. However, after reconnecting the monitor, it kept saying no signal. I then plugged a different monitor in with a different HDMI cable but it’s still doesn’t want to work....
  3. laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor: My monitor made a weird glitch in which I unplugged the HDMI cable from the ASUS laptop and Dell monitor. However, after reconnecting the monitor, it kept saying no signal. I then plugged a different monitor in with a different HDMI cable but it’s still doesn’t want to work....
  4. HDMI Signal Not Detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI Signal Not Detected: My monitor goes black when I play now most games and recently sometimes it goes off during Zoom meetings. I can hear the audio, but can't get a picture back. The only way to get video again is to reboot which is a serious hassle most of the time The message I get is no HDMI...
  5. External monitor detected but no signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor detected but no signal: HelloI am using windows 10. I want to use two monitors. So I am using HDMI and DVI. Unfortunately, Windows 10 detecting both monitors. But DVI connected monitor not received any Signal No signal message.I checked the cable and drivers. All are fine. Any solution for this...
  6. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hello, I have an HP laptop, with an HP docking and 2 HP external monitors. Everything works perfectly, except that sometimes often when going out of sleep mode one of the screens does not work, it remains without signal. When the problem occurs, simply unplug and replug...
  7. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 9350 running Windows 10 and a Xiaomi L55M5-5ASP 4K. The laptop only has a USB-c for connecting an external display, and the TV only has HDMI, so I plugged in a cheap USB-c to HDMI cable I bought a while ago, and it works, except the refresh...
  8. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 laptop. I connected an external monitor via USB-C->HDMI adapter but can't duplicate or extend to it. When I switch to duplicate, extend, or second display, the setting goes back to PC screen only. The monitor, adapter and HDMI cable works because I...
  9. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to updating to Windows 10 I used to be able to plug it in via HDMI to the TV...
  10. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to...