Windows 10: External monitor detected but no signal

Discus and support External monitor detected but no signal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 9350 running Windows 10 and a Xiaomi L55M5-5ASP 4K. The laptop only has a USB-c for connecting an external display,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sivan_BH, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Sivan_BH Win User

External monitor detected but no signal

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell XPS 9350 running Windows 10 and a Xiaomi L55M5-5ASP 4K.

The laptop only has a USB-c for connecting an external display, and the TV only has HDMI, so I plugged in a cheap USB-c to HDMI cable I bought a while ago, and it works, except the refresh rate is a bit low.

So I bought a more serious cable - Unitek V1125A. When connecting this cable, Windows showed the external screen as a BillBoard device, and simultaneously it appeared as an additional display in display settings. The TV, on the other hand, says there is no signal. I thought maybe the cable is defective, but when I use it to connect my phone to the TV, it works just fine.

I read there are sometimes incompatibility issues with cables like that so I bought another cable - QGeeM USB C to HDMI Cable 4K. This one has almost the same issue, the only difference, it seems, is that I don't get a BillBoard device in Device Manager. What I do get as I also did for the previous cable is a second Generic PnP Monitor under Monitors, as well as USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

I have tried updating drivers and firmware, Windows update, various resolutions and refresh rates, duplicate/extended display, setting the external monitor as primary... nothing works. Any ideas?

Thanks!

:)

Sivan_BH, Mar 11, 2021

2. External Monitor not detected

I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?

DaveMichaelson, Mar 11, 2021
  3. External monitor detected but no signal

Bence, if the steps I gave can't get the monitor detected then I know of nothing else because they always have worked before.

See if this helps to set the resolution separately:

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/diff...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Mar 11, 2021
  4. External monitor detected but no signal

External Monitor Detected but Does not Display

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10, creators update 1803.

When attempting to connect to an external display (mini DisplayPort to HDMI), Windows detects the monitor but displays no signal.

The extended desktop appears in screenshots, but nothing on the monitor itself.

So far, I have:

• Updated Surface Pro 3 firmware
    • Checked for all Windows update
    • Tested with multiple monitors (at least 4)
    • Tested with multiple cables
    • Tested with multiple adaptors
    • Updated Intel Graphics 4400 HD driver
    • Removed Intel Graphics 4400 HD and reinstalled
    • Rebooted more times than I can count

Any advice?

JonCarlson1, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

External monitor detected but no signal

1. External monitor detected but no signal - Similar Threads - External monitor detected

2. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  3. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  4. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  5. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: HelloI am using windows 10. I want to use two monitors. So I am using HDMI and DVI. Unfortunately, Windows 10 detecting both monitors. But DVI connected monitor not received any Signal No signal message.I checked the cable and drivers. All are fine. Any solution for this...
  6. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hello, I have an HP laptop, with an HP docking and 2 HP external monitors. Everything works perfectly, except that sometimes often when going out of sleep mode one of the screens does not work, it remains without signal. When the problem occurs, simply unplug and replug...
  7. Third monitor detected but monitor says "No Signal"

Third monitor detected but monitor says "No Signal": I have all the latest Nvidia Drivers I have a GTX 950 and have updated all drivers on my pc. I have reconnected all the cables in the order of the monitors as described by Windows. The cable is going to the mobo. Its VGA to VGA. My other monitors connected to my gpu go HDMI...
  8. Monitor says "No signal detected"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor says "No signal detected": So I pressed the windows icon on my keyboard with the "P" button and it showed some display thing. I accidentally pressed something along the lines of " show PC screen only". Now, the monitor goes off and when I switch it on, it says "No signal detected". How do I fix this?...
  9. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 laptop. I connected an external monitor via USB-C->HDMI adapter but can't duplicate or extend to it. When I switch to duplicate, extend, or second display, the setting goes back to PC screen only. The monitor, adapter and HDMI cable works because I...
  10. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not detected: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop Yoga 2 11. I was running windows 8 with an external HDMI monitor in the office. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I plug and unplug the external monitor and it is not detected by the operating system, only one display is shown- However if I run the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop external monitor detected no signal