Windows 10: External Monitor For HP Laptop ?

Discus and support External Monitor For HP Laptop ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My Grandson has a 2 year old HP Laptop. Running W10. Not sure of model number, but of course can get in the future. With the at-home schooling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, May 7, 2020.

1. Robert11 Win User

External Monitor For HP Laptop ?

Hello,

My Grandson has a 2 year old HP Laptop. Running W10.
    Not sure of model number, but of course can get in the future.

With the at-home schooling now, thought it might be a good idea to get
    hime a "real" good size monitor for it.

Should be better, I would imagine, than doing everything on the small screen.

Question: Do most fairly recent HP laptops have a way of having the
    base unit "drive" an external monitor ?

If so, can the unit's built in monitor be shut-off so as not to distract; only the new
    external larger monitor being active ?

Any general thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, May 7, 2020
  2. Chrise Win User

Laptop External Monitor Problem

Thank you once again, I will explain:

• Today 10th November 2016 - After monitor eventually successfully connects to my HP laptop, in my absence when the laptop/monitor powers off, I get NO re-connection problems during the day
    • Tomorrow 11th November 2016 - After laptop and monitor has been restarted following, shut-down, power offs(laptop + monitor) I will be stuck once again with exactly the same problem

In my display settings each morning, my HP laptop shows it is connected to my external monitor, however there is no display on the external monitor for a vast amount of time, just randomly suddenly appears.?

Chrise, May 7, 2020
  3. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 7, 2020
  4. AJMazza Win User

Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. External Monitor For HP Laptop ? - Similar Threads - External Monitor Laptop

2. Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop: I need help connecting a Samsung monitor to my hp laptop. I did everything correctly and it's not connecting. What else can I do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-an-external-monitor-to-my-hp-laptop/271aaf23-8305-4175-835c-9cae9dece960
  3. Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop: I need help connecting a Samsung monitor to my hp laptop. I did everything correctly and it's not connecting. What else can I do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-an-external-monitor-to-my-hp-laptop/271aaf23-8305-4175-835c-9cae9dece960
  4. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  5. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  6. External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?: I use an external monitor for my laptop, and the display is much bigger, but the resolution is limited by the laptop. All of the icons, the taskbar, and the mouse cursor are too big for the size of the monitor, it is as if I'm just using the laptop monitor. I have an NVIDIA...
  7. External Monitor For HP Laptop ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External Monitor For HP Laptop ?: Hello, My Grandson has a 2 year old HP Laptop. Running W10. Not sure of model number, but of course can get in the future. With the at-home schooling now, thought it might be a good idea to get hime a "real" good size monitor for it. Should be better, I would imagine, than...
  8. External Monitor - HP - Apps are Blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitor - HP - Apps are Blurry: I have a dell inspirion running windows 10. I bought a brand new HP VH240a that works flawlessly with my old dell but when connected to my new Dell, outlook and chrome and other apps are blurry. I have to manually set the resolution to 125% and then log out and log back in....
  9. Laptop External Monitor Problem

Laptop External Monitor Problem: A have a HP ProBook 450 G2(2015) connected via HDMI to an external monitor LGM2762D I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10approximately two months ago Every morning when I start the laptop itappears to take approximately 20 minutes to synchronize with my externalmonitor I have...
  10. No External Monitor on HP 2000 2b89wm laptop

No External Monitor on HP 2000 2b89wm laptop: Ok so I recently updated to Windows 10 but now when I connect my laptop to my external monitor the laptop screen doesn't show up on the external monitor. My laptop's screen is broken so I can't see anything. The laptop is still on the screen immediately after updating so I...