Windows 10: External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

Discus and support External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup u32j59x is the model number of this Samsung monitor.I never had any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JL_884, Oct 23, 2021.

1. JL_884 Win User

External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup u32j59x is the model number of this Samsung monitor.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those speakers. However, occasionally frequently now, the audio cuts out.I click the audio icon and "u32j59x 2-HD Audio Driver for Display Audio" is selected as default. But, no sound. I then select my laptop speakers or headphones and the music comes out fine from those devices.I then switch back and forth betwe

:)

JL_884, Oct 23, 2021
  2. Dacur Win User

HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, Oct 23, 2021
  3. HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

This is complicated. I started out having a simple television monitor, connected to a VGA cable to my computer. Recently, I decided to have dual monitors. I got an HDMI cable and a HDMI to DVI converter because my computer doesn't have a HDMI port. After
    plugging everything in, setting up, I had two monitors: the television, and a secondary screen. Putting audio through right from the pc works, or simply plugging earphones into the audio jack on the computer. The television, however, does not play sound anymore.
    I updated, disabled, did everything for the drivers. Didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if I should still connect the audio cable from the television to the back of the computer, since HDMI cables support both audio and video. When I right click playback devices,
    and check disabled and disconnected devices, HDMI does not show up at all. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Do I need an audio cable, or is the HDMI cable enough?

I'm currently using the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on an HP Pavilion Desktop Computer.

Thanks! Any help will be appreciated!

ThomasChen_395, Oct 23, 2021
  4. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

Thanks for the suggestions, Deepika. I have a Samsung SyncMaster HDTV monitor and a SHARP monitor. I'm trying to get audio on the Samsung HDTV. I'm not sure if you need an audio cable when connecting to the HDTV. Anyways, I kept it on the television. Either
    way, it doesn't work. I ran the troubleshooter, and there isn't any problems. I tested all the cables yesterday, and everything works as usual. How are the HDMI cables supposed to connect and work with video and audio? Is there a driver problem? I believe
    it might be because my monitor is in the DVI port, instead of an HDMI. This is why it's not detecting on the sounds/playback devices. Plugging an audio cable in the secondary monitor with VGA works, but using an HDMI for the television does not. Using VGA
    for the television does work with audio. Not sure what the problem is, or if I have to plug the audio cable in the HDTV at all. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

UPDATE: Figured out the problem, testing. The HDMI cable although supports audio and video, the DVI connector
    does not. Because of this, the computer detects it as a DVI connection. It instead uses the regular audio cable. The television, however, does not. It detects HDMI first, and uses that as as the audio. Since there is no coming through the DVI
    connector and instead coming through the audio cable, it won't play anything. This can be half solved by changing the source device (source>edit name) on the Samsung television to HDMI DVI. This, however, does not fix it, as sound still doesn't come out. The
    computer still has to be changed to be able to play audio properly. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

ThomasChen_395, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

1. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out - Similar Threads - External monitor HDMI

2. bluetooth audio keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth audio keeps cutting out: after a not-so-recent reinstall of win10 my plantronics bluetooth headphones have stoppped working. something changed with the drivers such that where before i had two separate audio devices one for just headphones, one for use with the mic i now only have one labeled...
  3. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup u32j59x is the model number of this Samsung monitor.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those...
  4. External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup u32j59x is the model number of this Samsung monitor.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those...
  5. u32j59x HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    u32j59x HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those speakers. However, occasionally frequently now, the...
  6. u32j59x HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    u32j59x HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out: Hi My setup is as follows. Laptop > USB-C Hub > HDMI cable > External monitor setup.I never had any issues with audio until now.I have my Logitech speaker jack connected to the monitor. And, audio will play fine out of those speakers. However, occasionally frequently now, the...
  7. u32j59x HDMI audio driver keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Bluetooth audio keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio keeps cutting in and out: When I am using my Bluetooth audio device it always cuts out after a minutes or so then cuts in and out. This really annoying since Bluetooth is my only audio source. submitted by /u/Paullyo3 [link] [comments]...
  9. Monitor connected via Mini DisplayPort > HDMI keeps cutting out.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor connected via Mini DisplayPort > HDMI keeps cutting out.: Hi all, Bit of a tricky problem here. I have 2 monitors connected to my MSI GE62 laptop - one via HDMI to HDMI, the other via Mini DisplayPort to HDMI - and for some odd reason the latter seems to work just fine for anywhere up to about a fortnight, then refuses to work...
  10. Audio keeps cutting out and back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio keeps cutting out and back on.: [ATTACH] So I got windows 10 installed about three weeks ago on my pc that had windows 7 on it since forever. And everytime I try watching a youtube video the sound cuts off for a sec, then plays again for a minute, then cuts out for a second, then plays for another...