Windows 10: External Monitor is detected, but black

Discus and support External Monitor is detected, but black in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My monitor was working perfectly this morning. I left for lunch and came back to a black screen. I've tried installing updates and the hdmi cord, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeatherClark2, Oct 17, 2018.

1. External Monitor is detected, but black

My monitor was working perfectly this morning. I left for lunch and came back to a black screen. I've tried installing updates and the hdmi cord, but nothing has fixed this.

The monitor is detected, as I can drag windows over to it. It's just black. Any suggestions?

:)

HeatherClark2, Oct 17, 2018

2. External Monitor not detected

I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?

DaveMichaelson, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 18, 2018
  4. External Monitor is detected, but black

Outlook & external Monitors not detected

Suddenly - my Outlook is not detected and my 2 external monitors are not detected - WHY? Hoe do I fix this?

MaryChimarusti, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

External Monitor is detected, but black

1. External Monitor is detected, but black - Similar Threads - External Monitor detected

2. External monitor detected but showing full black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor detected but showing full black screen: Hi all,I connected my external monitor to my laptop with two different HDMI-cables. My laptop screen 'pops' as if it has connected and in the display settings the second screen is shown. I also can drag my cursor to the second monitor, but I can't see the cursor there. The...
  3. External monitor detected but showing full black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor detected but showing full black screen: Hi all,I connected my external monitor to my laptop with two different HDMI-cables. My laptop screen 'pops' as if it has connected and in the display settings the second screen is shown. I also can drag my cursor to the second monitor, but I can't see the cursor there. The...
  4. External monitor detected as camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor detected as camera: I have 2 identical Dell laptops. When I plug my external monitor into one it is detected automatically and everything works. With the other when I plug in the monitor it's detected as a camera. My display device, monitor and camera drivers are all identical and updated. In...
  5. External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen: I'm having a problem with an external VGA monitor connected to my Win10 home PC. When I plug in the monitor (to VGA port), it is detected but the display blinks on and goes black immediately. I have to unplug and re-plug up to 12 times and finally the monitor comes on and...
  6. External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen: I'm having a problem with an external VGA monitor connected to my Win10 home PC. When I plug in the monitor (to VGA port), it is detected but the display blinks on and goes black immediately. I have to unplug and re-plug up to 12 times and finally the monitor comes on and...
  7. External monitor not detected

External monitor not detected: I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor. I've Googled this...
  8. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    External monitor not detected: I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor. I've Googled this...
  9. External Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor not detected: I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?...
  10. External monitor not detected

External monitor not detected: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop Yoga 2 11. I was running windows 8 with an external HDMI monitor in the office. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I plug and unplug the external monitor and it is not detected by the operating system, only one display is shown- However if I run the...