Windows 10: External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver

Discus and support External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a follow-up to my previous question:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sophieu2011, Jan 6, 2022.

1. External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver

This is a follow-up to my previous question: answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-monitor-keeps-losing-signal-when-playing/2f7e8269-c842-496a-be17-d79d500140ba?messageId=260c5ed7-2d43-4a60-a82a-9d01c7db9742Basically when my external monitor is plugged into my laptop and I use any video player besides Youtube I've seen it happen with netflix browser/app and disney plus the monitor loses signal until I disconnected, closed the site and connected it again.I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the graphics driver as recommended in previous q and it doesn't see

:)

sophieu2011, Jan 6, 2022
  2. Romel Ram Win User

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Primary monitor blacks out after disconnecting from external

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

This issue could be due to the display setting corruption that only affected the primary display when disconnected from the secondary.

I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you:

• Press ‘Win + R’ keys on the keyboard together to open the Run dialog box and type the following into the Run box:
      appwiz.cpl
    • Uninstall Intel HD Graphics Drivers and exit
      Programs and Features.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters and right click on
      Intel HD Graphics Display Driver.
    • Click on Uninstall and check the box
      Delete the driver software for this device.

• With the external monitor connected, reboot the machine.
    • Once the machine boots into the desktop, disconnect the external monitor and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 6, 2022
  4. External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver

Graphic Driver is not Uninstall

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please provide us the following information:

• How are you trying to uninstall the driver?

• When you are trying to uninstall the graphics driver, do you get any error message or error code?

• What is the make of graphics driver?
    Step 1: Let us try to uninstall the driver in Safe mode, and check if it helps.

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC.

Refer to the following article:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2: Follow the below steps to uninstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the Graphics Card and click on
      Uninstall.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver

1. External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver - Similar Threads - External monitor issues

2. Issue after uninstall Graphic Card driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue after uninstall Graphic Card driver: Hello so I accidentally deleted my dx 11 Nvidia graphics thingy and I went to control panel went to recovery then I reset my pc and now it turns on lights on fans everything but when I turn my monitor on it goes in then cuts out and said no signal I’ve reseated the rams reset...
  3. Issue after uninstall Graphic Card driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue after uninstall Graphic Card driver: Hello so I accidentally deleted my dx 11 Nvidia graphics thingy and I went to control panel went to recovery then I reset my pc and now it turns on lights on fans everything but when I turn my monitor on it goes in then cuts out and said no signal I’ve reseated the rams reset...
  4. Issue after uninstall Graphic Card driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External monitor issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    External monitor issue: Hi, Last week I encountered an issue with my two external Dell monitors connected to my laptop. The issue I am having is:- If I turn on monitor 1 the laptop recognises it and it extends the display- If I turn on monitor 2 laptop both screens go into sleep mode but the laptop...
  6. How to uninstall graphics driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall graphics driver?: I want to uninstall my current nvidia driver and install an older one as this one is creating some problems in game.So can I uninstall it from control panel or when installing a newer one I should check the box "perform a clean install" in the setup of driver or i should...
  7. How to uninstall graphics driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall graphics driver?: I want to uninstall my current nvidia driver and install an older one as this one is creating some problems in game.So can I uninstall it from control panel or when installing a newer one I should check the box "perform a clean install" in the setup of driver or i should...
  8. External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor issues: trouble uninstalling graphics driver: This is a follow-up to my previous question: answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/external-monitor-keeps-losing-signal-when-playing/2f7e8269-c842-496a-be17-d79d500140ba?messageId=260c5ed7-2d43-4a60-a82a-9d01c7db9742Basically when my external monitor...
  9. External Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor Issue: I have an Asus Vivobook Pro X580VD-ds76t for the past 2 years and it has been working completely fine with an external monitor HDMI-HDMI. Ever since yesterday when I tried to connect it via HDMI-DisplayPort to a Lenovo monitor for the first time, it didnt work whatsoever. I...
  10. No signal to external monitor. All drivers uninstalled and updated.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No signal to external monitor. All drivers uninstalled and updated.: My external monitor has recently lost the signal from my laptop and I've tried every bit of advice out there to try to get it back, with no success. I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop, and an old Dell S2409W external monitor. It was working fine via a DVI-D cable, but lost it's...