Windows 10: External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

Discus and support External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GayatriKatkar, Mar 10, 2021.

1. External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

:)

GayatriKatkar, Mar 10, 2021

2. External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

After the Windows 10 20H2 update, my external monitor is no more detecting. I tried updating all the drivers to the latest, swapped the HDMI cable, swapped the monitor but no change.

Uninstall of Display drivers also did not help, I think for some reason the HDMI port if not outputting any data/signal for the monitor to display. It just says "No HDMI Cable"

Techwizard SK, Mar 10, 2021
  3. External Monitor not detected

I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?

DaveMichaelson, Mar 10, 2021
  4. External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

Connecting to external monitor

I just upgraded to Windows 10, but am unable to connect my Lenovo X1 Carbon to an external monitor (tried two separate monitors). Before it would automatically detect the monitor, now it only has 1 listed when I go into Settings / Display. I found the "Windows
    button + P" option online, but when I highlight Duplicate or Extend I am unable to "select" or "enter" them.

How can I make Windows detect my external monitor? (I am using the same cord that has always worked to connect my monitor before.) Thanks!

CharlieMcAteer, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

1. External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade - Similar Threads - External Monitor More

2. laptop wont detect external monitor after win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop wont detect external monitor after win11 upgrade: i have a laptop. i updated to win11 and my second monitor stopped being detected. it still works i can get my switch to show on the external monster. ive gone into the control panel and have updated the drivers ive looked in the monitor tab and it only sees the integrated...
  3. laptop wont detect external monitor after win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop wont detect external monitor after win11 upgrade: i have a laptop. i updated to win11 and my second monitor stopped being detected. it still works i can get my switch to show on the external monster. ive gone into the control panel and have updated the drivers ive looked in the monitor tab and it only sees the integrated...
  4. Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2: After installing WINDOWS 10 version 20H2, it worked without any problem, but when I left the computer for about 30 minutes and returned, the keyboard, mouse, and monitor did not respond, and the back of the mouse did not glow red. So, when I connected to another PC to check...
  5. External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External Monitor No More Detects or Works after Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade: After the Windows 10 20H2 update, my external monitor is no more detecting. I tried updating all the drivers to the latest, swapped the HDMI cable, swapped the monitor but no change. Uninstall of Display drivers also did not help, I think for some reason the HDMI port if not...
  6. Surface no longer detects my external monitors or speakers after Oct Windows 10 upgrade on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface no longer detects my external monitors or speakers after Oct Windows 10 upgrade on...: My surface pro had been bugging me about doing this update so today I updated my computer. It had two external monitors and external speakers that ran out of the docking station. No it doesn't see any of those devices. They aren't listed in the device manager. There or no...
  7. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not detected: I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor. I've Googled this...
  8. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    External monitor not detected: I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor. I've Googled this...
  9. External Monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor not detected: I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?...
  10. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not detected: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop Yoga 2 11. I was running windows 8 with an external HDMI monitor in the office. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I plug and unplug the external monitor and it is not detected by the operating system, only one display is shown- However if I run the...