Windows 10: External monitor not detected

Discus and support External monitor not detected in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Elle22, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Elle22 Win User

External monitor not detected

I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor.

I've Googled this extensively and have:

* checked I've got the recent update for my Device Driver
    * uninstalled and reinstalled the Device Driver
    * uninstalled and reinstalled the Cadyce driver
    * checked all of the above on varying monitors

Any ideas on how I can get this working?

:)

Elle22, Nov 12, 2018

2. External Monitor not detected

I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?

DaveMichaelson, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Outlook & external Monitors not detected

Suddenly - my Outlook is not detected and my 2 external monitors are not detected - WHY? Hoe do I fix this?

MaryChimarusti, Nov 12, 2018
  4. External monitor not detected

my acer aspire laptop dosent detect external vga monitor .

Hi Sivaram,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    This issue might be happening because of the faulty drivers. That’s the reason you are getting intermittent connection on external monitor.

However, you may try the below suggested steps.

Step 1: Try connecting on a different monitor and check if the issue still persists.

Step 2: Try using a different VGA cable to connect with external monitor and check the status of the issue.

Step 3: Update display driver adapters

You may refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10
    and check the status of the issue.

Step 4: Check for an updated Video driver on the

Acer drivers and Manuals page

For more information you may also refer
    troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

External monitor not detected

1. External monitor not detected - Similar Threads - External monitor detected

2. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  3. unable to detect external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to detect external monitor: My laptop suddenly stopped connecting to an external monitor via HDMI.It used to work fine with my monitor using the HMDI to DVI cable; and this morning just suddenly stopped. I've tried another HDMI to DVI cable as well as connecting it to another monitor using HDMI-HDMI,...
  4. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 9350 running Windows 10 and a Xiaomi L55M5-5ASP 4K. The laptop only has a USB-c for connecting an external display, and the TV only has HDMI, so I plugged in a cheap USB-c to HDMI cable I bought a while ago, and it works, except the refresh...
  5. External monitor detected as camera

External monitor detected as camera: I have 2 identical Dell laptops. When I plug my external monitor into one it is detected automatically and everything works. With the other when I plug in the monitor it's detected as a camera. My display device, monitor and camera drivers are all identical and updated. In...
  6. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    External monitor not detected: I've recently bought a Bang & Olufsen Envy laptop with Windows 10. I need to connect an external monitor to it so I bought a portable docking station (Cadyce). I've downloaded the drivers from Cadyce but I can't get Windows 10 to detect my monitor. I've Googled this...
  7. External Monitor is detected, but black

External Monitor is detected, but black: My monitor was working perfectly this morning. I left for lunch and came back to a black screen. I've tried installing updates and the hdmi cord, but nothing has fixed this. The monitor is detected, as I can drag windows over to it. It's just black. Any suggestions?...
  8. External Monitor not detected

External Monitor not detected: I am running windows 10 on a MacBook Pro using bootcamp. I use a imac as an external monitor. Windows cannot "detect" the monitor. using a firewire connection, which works splendidly under OS. Any suggestions?...
  9. NEC external monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NEC external monitor not detected: I have a Dell XPS 13 (2016) with a Dell USB-C adapter. It will not detect my NEC LCD external monitor. I have tried a Dell USB-C adapter and a D-SUB cable to the monitor. I have also tried a Monoprice USB-C adapter with a Monoprice HDMI cable. Neither work. The monitor works...
  10. External monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not detected: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop Yoga 2 11. I was running windows 8 with an external HDMI monitor in the office. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I plug and unplug the external monitor and it is not detected by the operating system, only one display is shown- However if I run the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hd610 external monitor not detected