Windows 10: external monitor not found after update

Discus and support external monitor not found after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop updated on 8/13/2020. After the update my HDMI monitor no longer connected to the laptop. I have tried to use "detect" but the laptop just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosephRoss3, Aug 14, 2020.

1. external monitor not found after update

My laptop updated on 8/13/2020. After the update my HDMI monitor no longer connected to the laptop. I have tried to use "detect" but the laptop just doesn't seem to be able to find the monitor. I have follow all the steps, changed out the HDMI cord, switched ports to no avail.

:)

JosephRoss3, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

external monitor not found after update

external monitors switch off randomly - possibly connected to Skype for Business usage?

Hi Robert,

It is possible that you're experiencing issues with your external monitors due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To assist you better, I'd like to gather more information:

• Are you using the same device when connecting your laptop to your external monitors?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

Meanwhile, if not, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article about updating drivers in Windows

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

external monitor not found after update

1. external monitor not found after update - Similar Threads - external monitor found

2. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor not working after an update: I tried a different cable, driver update, driver unistall/reinstall. Windows does not detect second monitor and the monitor states no signal when hdmi plugged in and turned on....
  3. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor not working after an update: I tried a different cable, driver update, driver unistall/reinstall. Windows does not detect second monitor and the monitor states no signal when hdmi plugged in and turned on....
  4. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External monitor not detected after latest insider update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor not detected after latest insider update.: I update my windows 11, but after the update, my external monitor is not being detected. Since I'm on Windows 11 Insider plan, I cannot get support from a windows agent. Does anyone know how to solve the problem? FYI, I have updated the device drivers and display drivers, and...
  6. External monitor not detected after latest insider update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor not detected after latest insider update.: I update my windows 11, but after the update, my external monitor is not being detected. Since I'm on Windows 11 Insider plan, I cannot get support from a windows agent. Does anyone know how to solve the problem? FYI, I have updated the device drivers and display drivers, and...
  7. Second monitor not found after Windows update

Second monitor not found after Windows update: I am having issues connecting my second monitor to my laptop. On Thursday 7/15 it detected the monitor and was asked to update during shut down. Today 7/20 it will now not detect the monitor. Have followed all trouble shooting steps from restarting all the way to uninstalling...
  8. External Monitors not working after windows update

External Monitors not working after windows update: I updated windows and now monitors wont work and aren't detected in settings. I've tried "windows button + P" to extend. I've tried scanning for driver updates in device manager. I've tried rolling back driver updates but its greyed out. Ive tried restarting, unplugging, etc....
  9. External Second Monitor not detected after Bios Update

External Second Monitor not detected after Bios Update: Hello All! I have a new HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop and a Dell s 2740 external monitor. I restarted my machine and the bios updated happened automatically. Once it happened, I could not use my Dell monitor at all. It says "there is no signal coming from your...
  10. External monitor not found after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor not found after Win 10 update: I have a Dell XPS laptop and a circa 2008 Lenovo ThinkVision monitor connected via docking station. The docking station is still working for my mouse, printer, hardwired network connection and speakers, only the monitor is a problem. Also, I know there's a signal somewhere,...