Windows 10: External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable

Discus and support External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Summary: After updating from 1703 to 1809 we are experiencing an issue where the external monitor has stopped working. The end user has an HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by otinblak, Apr 21, 2020.

1. otinblak Win User

External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable

Summary:

After updating from 1703 to 1809 we are experiencing an issue where the external monitor has stopped working.

The end user has an HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 device connected to an external monitor via HDMI cable.

The external monitor was working fine before the update.

Troubleshooting steps we have tried:

Check the cables are plugged in properly - all good

Update Intel Graphics 620 driver - doesn't work

Update the device BIOS to latest version - doesn't work

Workaround:

User is able to use external monitor by doing the following:

- power on machine

- at bitlocker, press esc twice which goes to bit locker recovery

-power off the machine

-power on

-external monitor works

However, has anyone come across this issue previously with a permanent fix?

:)

otinblak, Apr 21, 2020

2. Samsung Monitor not working after Windows 10 install

Hello,

• Did you check if the external monitor work fine with other systems?
    To check if there is any issues with HDMI cable or external monitor, I suggest you to try connecting it to any other Laptop/Computer and check if this works fine.

Kindly let us know the status to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Gman_640 Win User
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

Gman_640, Apr 21, 2020
  4. External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable

HDMI to VGA cable issue

I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10.

This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port.

It works fine until i update windows 10.

Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound will appear and i could see external monitor when i open Intel UHD graphic control panel.

But now it does not happen.

It works fine if i use HDMI to HDMI cable, meaning that the HDMI in laptop is OK.

I use my HDMI to VGA cable for other laptop, it is OK (meaning that the HDMI to VGA cable is OK)

I did try the following steps:

- uninstall graphic driver and reinstall graphic driver using device manager.

- Go to Asus website to download graphic driver and BIOS to update.

- Finally reinstall a fresh windows 10

This issue still happen.

Could someone please help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.

N.K. Quang

NGO KHOA QUANG, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable

1. External Monitor Not Working Via HDMI Cable - Similar Threads - External Monitor Working

2. I am trying to connect my laptop via HDMI / HDMI cable to my desktop monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am trying to connect my laptop via HDMI / HDMI cable to my desktop monitor.: I am trying to connect my laptop via HDMI to HDMI cable to my desktop monitor. It worked fine until a week ago and then it suddenly stopped. The same is the case for my wife and my duaghters laptops, all of them to different screens so I doubt it's a cable problem....
  3. I am trying to connect my laptop via HDMI / HDMI cable to my desktop monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to connect my laptop via HDMI / HDMI cable to my desktop monitor.: I am trying to connect my laptop via HDMI to HDMI cable to my desktop monitor. It worked fine until a week ago and then it suddenly stopped. The same is the case for my wife and my duaghters laptops, all of them to different screens so I doubt it's a cable problem....
  4. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  5. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable: When I connect the laptop to a monitor with a hdmi cable, I can watch the video but don´t listen the audio.I´ve reviewed the driver sound intel R for displays and it show that it´s windows/system32 but my laptop is windows System 64.I´m believed that perhaps the problem is on...
  6. Sound in monitor connected with a hdmi cable

7. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to updating to Windows 10 I used to be able to plug it in via HDMI to the TV...
  8. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to...
  9. PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable

PC and TV not connecting via HDMI cable: I have connected my Tablet PC to my smart TV with the correct cable but have so far not got them working together. On the TV I have enabled HDMI and selected the right port, but have not found any relevant settings on the PC. Plus the advice I have found online has not...
  10. [Need help] Problems using dual monitors via HDMI cable.

[Need help] Problems using dual monitors via HDMI cable.: As the topics aid above ,I have a problem with dual monitor via HDMI. I want to connect my laptop to the second monitor via HDMI cable. I can connect it with out any problem but the the second is display Not optimus , recommend 1600*900 60Hz And the font in the...