Windows 10: External monitor RED color turn BLUE after update and restart.

Discus and support External monitor RED color turn BLUE after update and restart. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I have a weird problem. When I connect my laptop Dell M4700 (GPU k2000m), to the main external monitor I use Lenovo 24'' L2440p wide,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OrlinBobchev, May 16, 2019.

1. External monitor RED color turn BLUE after update and restart.

Hi everyone.

I have a weird problem.

When I connect my laptop Dell M4700 (GPU k2000m), to the main external monitor I use Lenovo 24'' L2440p wide, colors are messed up.

That happened after I did hibernation of the PC before update. - not sure if related. Currently Windows 10 pro 1903 18362.113

External monitor RED color turn BLUE after update and restart. 6d970349-ef16-4eaa-9e68-3a658f639cc7?upload=true.jpg External monitor RED color turn BLUE after update and restart. 2a564c33-b313-4e4f-8dc3-07e57841eb0f?upload=true.jpg

I have tried to reinstall nvidia drivers + new drivers.

I have tried to do color calibration.

I have tried to change the color profile. currently I left the official from lenovo

I have tried to change the color settings from nvidia panel.

When I connect another PC to this monitor, monitor work OK.

When I connect my PC to another Monitor/TV colors are perfect. (so its related to my PC -> this lenovo Monitor)

Checked color tint/high contrast settings/night mode.

Any ideas would be helpfull.

External monitor RED color turn BLUE after update and restart. :)

:)

OrlinBobchev, May 16, 2019
  2. Seba4316 Win User

There is no red color on the monitor!

As always, I've got a problem with Windows.

Win ver: Windows 8 Build 9600

Downloaded the ISO today from the Microsoft website

Now, my problem is I can't see the red color! There is NO red color!

The computer I'm using is pretty old, but...

It have only VGA, I have two monitors, with one of them everything is fine and working, with the other one there is no red!

I opened the Intel Graphics Control Panel, I tried to change the Red color in RGB settings and nothing happened, but when I changed green or blue it changes instantly...

My graphics driver are up to date (I tried updating them, now I'll try deleting the driver and restarting the computer but I don't think it's gonna work, I'll let you know)

Here it is where I change the colors, when I change the red one NOTHING happen.

Please help... I really don't know what to do.. It's not a cable fault because I tried the same cable for both monitors.

EDIT:

My picture where I showed the Graphics Panel (a really old one) got removed don't know why .-.

Seba4316, May 16, 2019
  3. Windows Colored in Red

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you as the screen turns red when to turn on the computer.

This might be the display drivers issue.

Kindly let us know with the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to access desktop?
    • Is there any error code along with the red screen?
    • Have you tried to connect an external monitor and check if the issue persists?
    • Have you updated the display drivers?

Please perform some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

If you are able to boot the computer to desktop then, I suggest you to update the display drivers to your computer.

Method 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.
    [*]
    Method 2: If you are unable to access desktop, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and update the display drivers.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Update the Display Adapter driver in safe mode.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 16, 2019
  4. External monitor RED color turn BLUE after update and restart.

Lost colors when connected to external display (projector)

Problem:

Colors are lost (only black and white tones) when external monitor is connected to computer. The computer's built-in monitor displays normally (with color).

Details:

Never had this problem before.

Didn't completely close presentation mode in PowerPoint (computer not connected to any external display) when I turned off the computer.

Then I turned on the computer, connected it into an external display, and when I turned on PowerPoint, everything on the external display was in black and white (color wash). All visuals (size, clarity, spacing, etc) are normal, except the color missing
    on the projector screen.

I can flip between Duplicate Display, Extended Display, etc, but the color on the external monitor/projector is black and white.

The color on the Built-in monitor continues to have normal color.

When I restart the computer (with the external display connected), the colored blue windows boot logo is displayed normally on both the built in monitor and the external monitor. It's when the computer completely boots up that color remains on the built-in
    display, but loses color on the external monitor.

Additional notes:

I think something has triggered Windows to "export" "lost" colors on the external display.

I don't know if AMD Catalyst Control Centre (Color:32 Bpp, 1920 x 1080, Landscape) has anything to do with this. Tried disconnecting cables, Restarting computer, common troubleshoots, etc.

The problem isn't the external monitor/projector. It displays color normally, even when tested with other computers.

Your help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Matthew_Tang, May 16, 2019
Thema:

External monitor RED color turn BLUE after update and restart.

1. External monitor RED color turn BLUE after update and restart. - Similar Threads - External monitor RED

2. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor not working after an update: I tried a different cable, driver update, driver unistall/reinstall. Windows does not detect second monitor and the monitor states no signal when hdmi plugged in and turned on....
  3. Windows 10 colors after turn OFF and ON monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 colors after turn OFF and ON monitor: Why does monitor having worse colors and brightness after OFF and ON. I explain, when i turn on PC everything is fine, but when i turn monitor OFF and then ON monitor having worse colors. I have two PC, and two monitors, both of them have different GPUs, one PC has RTX 4070...
  4. Some type of blue colors turn purple on my monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some type of blue colors turn purple on my monitor.: I recently got a new monitor, Dell 27 Monitor I noticed that some type of blue colors that are not light become purple. On my laptop display it is fine. I tried looking for drivers but they did not have any drivers for the monitor for windows 11 which I am using. Is there a...
  5. Some type of blue colors turn purple on my monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some type of blue colors turn purple on my monitor.: I recently got a new monitor, Dell 27 Monitor I noticed that some type of blue colors that are not light become purple. On my laptop display it is fine. I tried looking for drivers but they did not have any drivers for the monitor for windows 11 which I am using. Is there a...
  6. Red color is pink after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Red color is pink after Windows 10 update: Updated Windows and AMD graphics and now all red is pink. Not sure if Windows or AMD. Plugged laptop in monitor and all is good so something in the desktop and started after the update. Have checked for drivers update, nothing left to update. Ideas?...
  7. Installing, color banner RED YELLOW BLUE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Installing, color banner RED YELLOW BLUE: After discovering that the 1909 update blocked some things from working properly, then finding the 2004 doing similar, WHY do these have different color banners when I try installing? Who has a fix to get Eudora to install without problems on 2004? [ATTACH]...
  8. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  9. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  10. Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Red/Blue Dots appearing on second monitor: Hi, I am facing a strange problem. I have installed Windows 10 recently on my new PC. The problem I am facing is that the HDMI connected Samsung TV (which is the second monitor) is showing up red/blue dots across the screen. Initially, i thought it might be a graphic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC VGA port cant display the color blue