Windows 10: External Monitor Resolution is abnormal

Discus and support External Monitor Resolution is abnormal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I switch two monitors, resolution is abnormal... 1. Connect first monitor(Dell U3818DW) via HDMI cable 2. Unplug HDMI cable 3. Connect second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChenMiss2019, Oct 17, 2019.

1. External Monitor Resolution is abnormal

When I switch two monitors, resolution is abnormal...

1. Connect first monitor(Dell U3818DW) via HDMI cable
    2. Unplug HDMI cable
    3. Connect second monitor(Dell S2817Q) via HDMI cable
    4. Screen resolution did not auto change to "recommend resolution"

:)

ChenMiss2019, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Romel Ram Win User

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Oct 17, 2019
  3. ShekAgain Win User
    External Monitor Resolution

Last update, my laptop came back with the resolution of the external monitor set back to 1024x768, with its normal 1280x1024 not available to select. How do I get that resolution back?

ShekAgain, Oct 17, 2019
  4. riley1232 Win User

External Monitor Resolution is abnormal

Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

I have a laptop with a resolution of 1600 by 900 and I am connecting it to an external dell monitor to duplicate the displays. 1600 by 900 isn't supported on the list of resolutions after the monitor is connected, so I created a custom one in the Intel graphics properties after connecting the monitor. It seems to have set the custom resolution, however the laptop display still is blurry and does not look like it does when the external monitor is disconnected. Are there any other settings that need to be changed? I do not care if the external monitor is distorted, I just need the full resolution on the laptop.

riley1232, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

External Monitor Resolution is abnormal

1. External Monitor Resolution is abnormal - Similar Threads - External Monitor Resolution

2. External Monitor having resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitor having resolution Issues: Hey there, I have a just bought a new Laptop and It has Windows 10 Preinstalled in it More details provided below. Now, I am using an External Display My old PC's Monitor which has maximum Resolution capacity - 1366 x 768 Model details given below so now if I connect my...
  3. External Monitor having resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Monitor having resolution Issues: Hey there, I have a just bought a new Laptop and It has Windows 10 Preinstalled in it More details provided below. Now, I am using an External Display My old PC's Monitor which has maximum Resolution capacity - 1366 x 768 Model details given below so now if I connect my...
  4. External Monitor having resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. external monitor screen resolution seems off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    external monitor screen resolution seems off: Hi guys, I just updated my graphic driver for my external monitor and all of the sudden, the resolution of my 2nd monitor looks odd. The scaling is a lot bigger and the task bar at the bottom of my screen is bigger on my 2nd monitor. How do I resolve this issue? Any help...
  6. Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor: I have a Surface Laptop 3, and a Viotek 34" ultrawide monitor, connected through the Microsoft docking station using Display port to Mini-Display port. When I originally connected my laptop, I was able to adjust the external monitor's resolution with no problem. Recently,...
  7. External Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitor Resolution: Last update, my laptop came back with the resolution of the external monitor set back to 1024x768, with its normal 1280x1024 not available to select. How do I get that resolution back?...
  8. Different resolution for laptop screen/external monitor?

Different resolution for laptop screen/external monitor?: Hey everyone, I recently bought an external monitor for my laptop and I would like to use both of the screens in extended mode. The problem is that my laptop's screen resolution is 1366x768 and the external monitor's resolution is 1440x900. How do I change the...
  9. External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue: I have a dell laptop that has 1920x1080 resolution. However, i connect it to an external monitor that has 1920x1200 resolution. Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen. Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a...
  10. Netbook external monitor resolution issues

Netbook external monitor resolution issues: I am having issues with external monitor resolution in my netbook with Windows 10 Monitor: HP Pavilion 22cw, (my current desktop monitor) using VGA If I select "Extend desktop" then the monitor is set to 1920x1080 just fine and the netbook's screen shows fine. But if I...