Windows 10: External monitor rotates upside down when I turn off built in display

Discus and support External monitor rotates upside down when I turn off built in display in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I am running W10 and whenever I have an external monitor connected to a Dell Inspiron 7348 laptop and choose show only on monitor 2 or I close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jmsnyc, Aug 28, 2015.

1. jmsnyc Win User

External monitor rotates upside down when I turn off built in display

Hi,

I am running W10 and whenever I have an external monitor connected to a Dell Inspiron 7348 laptop and choose show only on monitor 2 or I close the laptop lid which disable the laptop screen, the 2nd monitor turns upside down. I have updated drivers. I also have auto rotation disabled. Please help

:)

jmsnyc, Aug 28, 2015

2. When "Duplicate these Displays" is selected, external monitor displays upside down, but not the Surface Pro screen

Use the Rotate button in the Mobility Center. Win-x b Alt-R. But maybe you should just flip the tablet around instead. Is Rotation Lock off?

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Mossyo Win User
    Laptop camera.

After downloading Windows 10 the built in camera on my Asus laptop is now upside down and I am unable to rotate it. If I pick up the laptop and turn it upside down the camera will correct itself. It is like it has downloaded for a tablet. I cannot find
    how to rotate the camera. It is frustrating as I can't use the smart login and it is upside down on skype.

Mossyo, Aug 28, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Do have a program from Dell installed which will rotate it despite the feature being disabled in the Settings?

For anybody else looking for an answer, note that this is a laptop/tablet so screen rotation is normal behavior. The laptop might possibly believe that it is upside down when it is closed but do have the feature disabled which is wierd.

Thema:

1. External monitor rotates upside down when I turn off built in display - Similar Threads - External monitor rotates

2. Laptop Display Not Rotating Automatically When External Monitor Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Display Not Rotating Automatically When External Monitor Connected: Hi all,So I was trying to use my laptop monitor in portrait mode while I have a monitor connected to the device but I noticed that the display would not auto rotate into the portrait mode. Setting the 'Display Orientation' was also greyed out.I was able to force it to rotate...
  3. Laptop Display Not Rotating Automatically When External Monitor Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Display Not Rotating Automatically When External Monitor Connected: Hi all,So I was trying to use my laptop monitor in portrait mode while I have a monitor connected to the device but I noticed that the display would not auto rotate into the portrait mode. Setting the 'Display Orientation' was also greyed out.I was able to force it to rotate...
  4. External monitor is turning on and off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is turning on and off: Hello, today I woke up and the monitor that is connected to my laptop has started flickering on and off when I connect it with my HDMI cord. The monitor itself isn't broken because when I unplug the cord the monitor will stay on fine. This has happened before and I fixed it...
  5. Upside down screen display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upside down screen display: I have 2 HP laptop computers that both exhibit the same issue. When entering text the screen display will suddenly go upside down. I correct this by entering CTRL,Alt and the up arrow but the problem frequently persists. I talked to a tech person who told me to go to setting...
  6. Display Upside Down

Display Upside Down: My dog got onto my keyboard and somehow turned the display not only upside down but backwards. Is there a keyboard fix for this to get it back to where it was? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-upside-down/383f07f9-c42d-4350-8cdd-2cd8ac60d8c5
  7. When I turned on my computer this evening, my display screen is upside down. Is there a way...

When I turned on my computer this evening, my display screen is upside down. Is there a way...: I have an HP tower with Windows 10, and I have a Samsung monitor. Everything was fine this morning! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turned-on-my-computer-this-evening-my/968029e9-1baf-4029-b854-f98194539285
  8. Display turned upside down

Display turned upside down: How to correct the display picture normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/display-turned-upside-down/1141517d-2ebc-4675-8a97-906e8800d82b
  9. Pics from Iphones are either rotated or upside down

in Browsers and Email
    Pics from Iphones are either rotated or upside down: When I receive email with an image, it is sometimes correct in orientation, but more likely will be rotated 90 either way or 180 degrees. 90+% of the time they are from an iPhone. I look at pics posted on craigslist and a lot of pics are rotated. I "believe" iphones have a...
  10. Display turned upside-down...again.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display turned upside-down...again.: Once again, one of the kids working on one of our laptops turned the display upside-down. I know how to correct it (Control Panel--Display--Change Display Settings--Orientation--and then choose "Landscape") But I don't understand how they do it. They insist that they were not...