Windows 10: External Monitor scaling incorrect

Discus and support External Monitor scaling incorrect in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop connected to a docking station with two external monitors. I'm running Windows 10 v21H2 OS Build 19044, 1503.I have the scaling set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by T0mmyT, Feb 2, 2022.

1. T0mmyT Win User

External Monitor scaling incorrect

I have a laptop connected to a docking station with two external monitors. I'm running Windows 10 v21H2 OS Build 19044, 1503.I have the scaling set up as "recommended":Laptop: 125%Ext. Monitor 1: 100%Ext. Monitor 2: 100%On Monday everything was displaying fine. I was jumping back and forth between the office and our shop - meaning between using the docking station and not. I was shutting down in between jumps. I noticed my laptop sometimes takes longer before the power LED goes off. So I may have closed it before it was completely off - I'm not sure.Monday night, .NET updated.Tuesday, s

:)

T0mmyT, Feb 2, 2022

2. External monitor is blurry

Hi,

The blurry display when using an external display may indicate a scaling issue. If the display of the internal monitor is not compatible with the external monitor, it may render a poor or fuzzy display. As an initial step, we suggest that you try the methods
    under the Workaround section provided on this
    support article

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Feb 2, 2022
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Feb 2, 2022
  4. THBird777 Win User

Dual-monitor scaling

Hi, everyone.

I have a laptop+external monitor setup. I use 125% scaling for laptop display and 100% for external monitor.

The problem is when I unplug monitor from laptop and later connect it, scaling factor for external monitor resets to laptop display value. So, every time I have to change scaling value manually.

I guess the issue caused by custom scaling. But I can't turn it off permanently. I have to turn it off and re-sign in every session.

So, summing up:

1. How to turn off custom scaling permanently?

2. How to fix scaling factor for external monitor?

External Monitor scaling incorrect eaa7e04d-c56d-4d34-ace4-ee76a47188d2?upload=true.png

THBird777, Feb 2, 2022
Thema:

1. External Monitor scaling incorrect - Similar Threads - External Monitor scaling

2. External monitor displaying with incorrect resolution - no other options available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor displaying with incorrect resolution - no other options available: Hello,I have a laptop running Windows 11 which I have been using alongside an external monitor, connected by a cable. I was using a cable with HDMI laptop end and VGA monitor end but started having problems could have coincided with an update? so changed to a new cable with...
  3. External monitor displaying with incorrect resolution - no other options available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor displaying with incorrect resolution - no other options available: Hello,I have a laptop running Windows 11 which I have been using alongside an external monitor, connected by a cable. I was using a cable with HDMI laptop end and VGA monitor end but started having problems could have coincided with an update? so changed to a new cable with...
  4. External Monitor scaling incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitor scaling incorrect: I have a laptop connected to a docking station with two external monitors. I'm running Windows 10 v21H2 OS Build 19044, 1503.I have the scaling set up as "recommended":Laptop: 125%Ext. Monitor 1: 100%Ext. Monitor 2: 100%On Monday everything was displaying fine. I was jumping...
  5. External Monitor scaling incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitor scaling incorrect: I have a laptop connected to a docking station with two external monitors. I'm running Windows 10 v21H2 OS Build 19044, 1503.I have the scaling set up as "recommended":Laptop: 125%Ext. Monitor 1: 100%Ext. Monitor 2: 100%On Monday everything was displaying fine. I was jumping...
  6. Dual-monitor scaling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual-monitor scaling: Hi, everyone. I have a laptop+external monitor setup. I use 125% scaling for laptop display and 100% for external monitor. The problem is when I unplug monitor from laptop and later connect it, scaling factor for external monitor resets to laptop display value. So, every...
  7. External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.

External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.: I have a new surface pro on a docking station through USB-C that is displaying an incorrect time on the external monitors. This time is not set differently on purpose, but rather appears to randomly "lag" out and not sync with the actual system clock. The error occurs even...
  8. Monitor Scaling and resolution

Monitor Scaling and resolution: I have a 2 monitor setup on windows 10. I have a 23.8 inch 1440p monitor, and a 31 inch 1080p television as my second monitor. In the windows display settings menu it assumes the 1080p tv is smaller than the 1440p monitor despite it being the opposite. Is there a way to input...
  9. Scaling with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling with multiple monitors: Hi there, I've got a 15 inch Dell laptop with 4K screen. Using the Dell docking station, I'm running 2 external monitors connected over DP ports (LG's 2560*1080 and Dell's 1920*1080) - both external screens run at their respective native resolutions in the extended desktop...
  10. Laptop and External Monitor - 2 settings - Setup Scale/Resolution Help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop and External Monitor - 2 settings - Setup Scale/Resolution Help: Hey All, I'm having issues setting this up. I have a laptop that I use as my main workstation using a 27" monitor as the main display, while the laptop display is off. The resolution is 2560x1440. I have the resolution and scaling setup perfectly for the few programs I...