Windows 10: External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update

Discus and support External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HiUpdated yesterday my Windows 10 Pro to 21H1 version and my Dell P2219H monitor connected to my Dell XPS 9350 through USB-C to HDMI stopped working I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VaitesVaites, Jun 16, 2021.

1. External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update

HiUpdated yesterday my Windows 10 Pro to 21H1 version and my Dell P2219H monitor connected to my Dell XPS 9350 through USB-C to HDMI stopped working I use an UNI USB-C Ethernet Hub 8-in-1 . It worked without issues since I bought it in 2019 until the last Windows update...The problem must be Windows related because:The problem appeared only after the 21H1 updateExactly the same happened to my Surface Go tablet after the same updateThe other hub features works without problems ethernet, USB, card reader...The hub video output works well under Ubuntu This is what I tried:Checked cables, conn

:)

VaitesVaites, Jun 16, 2021

2. Issues while using an external monitor and charging using USB type C port

Hi Prakhar,

take a look at my comments.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? > V 1903 (Build 18362.449)
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue? > NO, it's a clean Windows System
    3. Are you using a docking station? > NO!
    4. Have you tried connecting the external monitor using HDMI connection? > The monitor works with USB-C and HDMI. However, it only works with USB-C if I use the USB-C power supply at the same time. If I only use the USB-C monitor (with battery operation)
      and the battery is full (charged by the USB-C monitor), then the monitor no longer works.

Regards,

Thorsten

Thorsten Rahlf, Jun 16, 2021
  3. DoGoodMen Win User
    Lost external USB monitor after W10 update of 10-01-2016...need help.

Pancho,

9 minutes ago

Last edited: 1 minute ago

Edit

Best Answer

+ Quote

Go to First Unread

External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update [​IMG]

Similar Threads - Lost external monitor

DoGoodMen, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update

1. External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update - Similar Threads - External monitor through

2. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor not working after an update: I tried a different cable, driver update, driver unistall/reinstall. Windows does not detect second monitor and the monitor states no signal when hdmi plugged in and turned on....
  3. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor not working after an update: I tried a different cable, driver update, driver unistall/reinstall. Windows does not detect second monitor and the monitor states no signal when hdmi plugged in and turned on....
  4. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MSI g24c6 monitor does not work through usb-c dongle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI g24c6 monitor does not work through usb-c dongle: Hello! I am trying to set-up a usb-c hub that has a HDMI input. All other devices that are plugged in work except for the monitor model specified in the title. The strangest thing is that the monitor does work through this exact same setup when using Linux Fedora. But on...
  6. MSI g24c6 monitor does not work through usb-c dongle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI g24c6 monitor does not work through usb-c dongle: Hello! I am trying to set-up a usb-c hub that has a HDMI input. All other devices that are plugged in work except for the monitor model specified in the title. The strangest thing is that the monitor does work through this exact same setup when using Linux Fedora. But on...
  7. External monitor connected through usb-c keeps disconnecting

External monitor connected through usb-c keeps disconnecting: Hi, I have a notebook HP pavilion power 15-cb012nc with 2 external monitors connected. One through HDMI works fine and the second through USB C port USB C to HDMI. The second monitor keeps getting disconnected. When I launch a game, it disconnected within a few minutes....
  8. External Monitors not working after windows update

External Monitors not working after windows update: I updated windows and now monitors wont work and aren't detected in settings. I've tried "windows button + P" to extend. I've tried scanning for driver updates in device manager. I've tried rolling back driver updates but its greyed out. Ive tried restarting, unplugging, etc....
  9. After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.: The last 6 months every has been working fine. I have an USB-C Hub that I use to connect my two external monitors with HDMI. Last night, I updated my Nvidia RTX 2060 drivers and all was good. Had a Windows Update that required a restart and everything was fine. Upon waking up...
  10. Ethernet through USB C not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet through USB C not working: I have a Dell Vostro 7590 (Brand new computer) and have Windows 10 and Drivers through Dell support assist fully up to date as of the time of writing this. I installed ethernet in my office yesterday and last night when I was half way done, I connected my computer to...