Windows 10: External Monitor too bright

Discus and support External Monitor too bright in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Acer external monitor on Windows 10 32 bit. There is no physical button on the monitor offering brightness control. There is no way of getting into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MerylGover, Jun 29, 2020.

1. External Monitor too bright

Acer external monitor on Windows 10 32 bit.

There is no physical button on the monitor offering brightness control.

There is no way of getting into the User option which you can move to but not change

And Windows does not offer a brightness control/slider

Help!

:)

MerylGover, Jun 29, 2020

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 29, 2020
  3. neilmaru Win User
    Can't adjust brightness on external monitor

Hi kjpsv,

I am having the exact same problem with my external monitors attached to my surface pro 3. How did you get around the issue to control the brightness? I have the same issue as you. The brightness control on my surface only changes the brightness of the surface
    and not the external monitors; also when I try to manually change the brightness on my monitors, the brightness setting is "grayed" out.

Hope to hear from you soon.

-Neil

neilmaru, Jun 29, 2020
  4. kjpsv Win User

External Monitor too bright

Can't adjust brightness on external monitor

That setting does not control the brightness of an external monitor.

kjpsv, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

External Monitor too bright

1. External Monitor too bright - Similar Threads - External Monitor too

2. Display is too bright

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display is too bright: I went on device manager on my windows 11 device and I updated my screen. Every thing turned black. When it came back, it was very bright. I have to wear sunglasses to use my computer...
  3. External monitor is too bright pale

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor is too bright pale: I have a samsung S19A10N monitor conected with a VGA to HDMI converter in my laptop.The laptop screen is more brighter than the monitor and the night light feature works perfectly on it.Hours trying to know default brightness and contrast monitor default settings without...
  4. External monitor is too bright pale

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor is too bright pale: I have a samsung S19A10N monitor conected with a VGA to HDMI converter in my laptop.The laptop screen is more brighter than the monitor and the night light feature works perfectly on it.Hours trying to know default brightness and contrast monitor default settings without...
  5. External monitor is too bright pale

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 10 Brightness control for external monitors

Windows 10 Brightness control for external monitors: Hi, so you can adjust the brighntess of your monitor via hdmi, its an hdmi feature and for macOS there is a programm called Monitor Control which really changes your brightness of your monitor Is there an app for windows too ? Why isnt it in the system itself...
  7. Change external monitor brightness from Windows??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change external monitor brightness from Windows??: I have this Ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor connected with DisplayPort cable. Is there any other way i can change its brightness without using the buttons on it? Maybe like a trick to make windows to send a brighter/darker image to the screen? submitted by /u/TBacavuz [link]...
  8. HDR too bright

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR too bright: I always try to turn HDR on but my eyes always get tired quickly and I also get a headache. is there a way to prevent these side effects ? 134355
  9. Time font is too large on external monitor

Time font is too large on external monitor: I have external monitor and the time font gets too large there. The taskbar alert icons are not scaling correctly either. I consider the problem appeared when I dock my laptop. Just restarting helps....
  10. External Monitor Brightness Resets when turned off

External Monitor Brightness Resets when turned off: I recently got an external monitor, Lenovo L24q-20, which I use with my HP Envy Laptop. The brightness of the external monitor is controlled with buttons on the monitor, and is by default set to 80/100. This is a bit too bright for me so I set it down to 50/100, and all is...