Windows 10: External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.

Discus and support External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new surface pro on a docking station through USB-C that is displaying an incorrect time on the external monitors. This time is not set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rogue Orracle, Jun 15, 2020.

1. External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.

I have a new surface pro on a docking station through USB-C that is displaying an incorrect time on the external monitors. This time is not set differently on purpose, but rather appears to randomly "lag" out and not sync with the actual system clock. The error occurs even while the external monitors are actively being used and does not resolve until I manually click the clock in taskbar.

Is there a fix for this or is this an otherwise known issue? Google only tells me how to change the clock on each monitor and other suggestions, no fixes for this type of error seem prevalent. Thanks!

Below is an image of the two clocks, the top clock is the extended monitor, the bottom is the actual time the screen shot was taken.

External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time. b89a0902-b8bb-406c-a21b-3c3c3ea06cb1?upload=true.jpg

:)

Rogue Orracle, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Vivian_S Win User

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Jun 15, 2020
  4. External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.

External monitor is blurry

Hi,

The blurry display when using an external display may indicate a scaling issue. If the display of the internal monitor is not compatible with the external monitor, it may render a poor or fuzzy display. As an initial step, we suggest that you try the methods
    under the Workaround section provided on this
    support article

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.

1. External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time. - Similar Threads - External Monitors Displaying

2. External monitor displaying with incorrect resolution - no other options available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor displaying with incorrect resolution - no other options available: Hello,I have a laptop running Windows 11 which I have been using alongside an external monitor, connected by a cable. I was using a cable with HDMI laptop end and VGA monitor end but started having problems could have coincided with an update? so changed to a new cable with...
  3. External monitor displaying with incorrect resolution - no other options available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor displaying with incorrect resolution - no other options available: Hello,I have a laptop running Windows 11 which I have been using alongside an external monitor, connected by a cable. I was using a cable with HDMI laptop end and VGA monitor end but started having problems could have coincided with an update? so changed to a new cable with...
  4. Second Monitor - Display Size Incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor - Display Size Incorrect: I am trying to connect my laptop to an external monitor. However when I do so, my laptop Identified as 1 appears much larger then the additional monitor Identified as 2. However, in actuality the external monitor is larger then the laptop red drawing. This is causing my icons...
  5. External Monitor scaling incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Monitor scaling incorrect: I have a laptop connected to a docking station with two external monitors. I'm running Windows 10 v21H2 OS Build 19044, 1503.I have the scaling set up as "recommended":Laptop: 125%Ext. Monitor 1: 100%Ext. Monitor 2: 100%On Monday everything was displaying fine. I was jumping...
  6. External Monitor scaling incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitor scaling incorrect: I have a laptop connected to a docking station with two external monitors. I'm running Windows 10 v21H2 OS Build 19044, 1503.I have the scaling set up as "recommended":Laptop: 125%Ext. Monitor 1: 100%Ext. Monitor 2: 100%On Monday everything was displaying fine. I was jumping...
  7. External Monitor scaling incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. The time displayed is suddenly incorrect?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The time displayed is suddenly incorrect?: Hi, Last night I noticed that the time displayed in the system tray was out of sync by about 20 minutes. I checked time and date settings, confirmed my timezone settings were correct, and resolved the issue by pressing "Sync now". The same thing happened again this morning...
  9. External monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor display: MS Office app menu bar and ribbon text is huge on my second monitor. How do I make it smaller? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-display/a7d43aa3-5e2c-4093-b089-97a901838bc7
  10. Clock displays incorrect time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock displays incorrect time: The clock displays the incorrect time for my time zone. When I try to change it, the drop down menu does not offer MST (Canada). How do I get the correct time dislpayed?...