Windows 10: External Monitors Flicker Off and On

Discus and support External Monitors Flicker Off and On in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have three 27" Samsung Curved FHD External Monitors connected to an HP G5 USB-C Docking Station. The laptop I use is an HP Elite Book 830. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JesseHolmes3, Nov 22, 2021.

1. External Monitors Flicker Off and On

Hello, I have three 27" Samsung Curved FHD External Monitors connected to an HP G5 USB-C Docking Station. The laptop I use is an HP Elite Book 830. I read a bunch of forums which stated that you will need to "enable high resolution mode when connected to a usb-c dp alt mode". After enabling this feature in the BIOS, I am able to get three displays who hoo! and made the necessary configurations within my display settings so that all monitors are extended and using the recommended 1920 x 1080 resolution. With all of these features enabled, etc. I noticed that the monitors flickers off and on.

:)

JesseHolmes3, Nov 22, 2021
  2. Annie120 Win User

External Monitor blinks and flickers

I have a YOGA 900 connecting to external monitor through c port to HDMI adapter--external monitor screen blinks on and off and flickers. I have tried disconnecting all cables holding power button down for one minute with no change. Is this a setting, a
    windows 10 issue, an adapter issue, or what?

Annie120, Nov 22, 2021
  3. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Nov 22, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

External Monitors Flicker Off and On

Monitor flicker

Hi,

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by an incompatible app or display driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest following the steps provided in this
    article and see if it will work for you.

Get back to us with the result if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

External Monitors Flicker Off and On

1. External Monitors Flicker Off and On - Similar Threads - External Monitors Flicker

2. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  3. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  4. External Monitors Flicker Off and On

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitors Flicker Off and On: Hello, I have three 27" Samsung Curved FHD External Monitors connected to an HP G5 USB-C Docking Station. The laptop I use is an HP Elite Book 830. I read a bunch of forums which stated that you will need to "enable high resolution mode when connected to a usb-c dp alt mode"....
  5. External Monitors Flicker Off and On

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitors Flicker Off and On: Hello, I have three 27" Samsung Curved FHD External Monitors connected to an HP G5 USB-C Docking Station. The laptop I use is an HP Elite Book 830. I read a bunch of forums which stated that you will need to "enable high resolution mode when connected to a usb-c dp alt mode"....
  6. Monitor flickers off and on periodically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor flickers off and on periodically: In my dorm at university my monitor flickers off and on periodically through the day. It's a quick flicker off then on within a couple seconds. This does not happen at my home. Is there a power/monitor setting within windows I should adjust?...
  7. External monitor is turning on and off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is turning on and off: Hello, today I woke up and the monitor that is connected to my laptop has started flickering on and off when I connect it with my HDMI cord. The monitor itself isn't broken because when I unplug the cord the monitor will stay on fine. This has happened before and I fixed it...
  8. ASUS FX505GM flickering with external monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ASUS FX505GM flickering with external monitor: Hi, I have an ASUS FX505GM laptop. When an external monitor is attached, everything's fine... until I use "Extended display" mode. Laptop display (the main one) gets distorted and shifted. Please, I would appreciate it if you can help me. Thanks a lot. 162829
  9. Monitor flickering when TV is off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor flickering when TV is off: Hi everybody, I have a problem of monitor flickering, I searched for hours and didn't find any solution, if somemone has one, it will be wonderfull. First, this is my setup : - GTX 980 with 1 DVI, 3 DisplayPort and 1 HDMI - GTX 980 connected to monitor ROG PG279Q via...
  10. Second monitor flickering on and off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor flickering on and off in Windows 10: I had a windows 7 setup that worked fine with a second monitor. I switched to windows 10 and upgraded from a 64GB SSD to a 256GB SSD. My second monitor flickers off and stays off for a random amount of time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Catalyst Control,...