Windows 10: External Monitors not working after windows update

Discus and support External Monitors not working after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated windows and now monitors wont work and aren't detected in settings. I've tried "windows button + P" to extend. I've tried scanning for driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by estevanmolinar, Aug 10, 2020.

1. External Monitors not working after windows update

I updated windows and now monitors wont work and aren't detected in settings. I've tried "windows button + P" to extend. I've tried scanning for driver updates in device manager. I've tried rolling back driver updates but its greyed out. Ive tried restarting, unplugging, etc. Nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

:)

estevanmolinar, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    external monitors switch off randomly - possibly connected to Skype for Business usage?

Hi Robert,

It is possible that you're experiencing issues with your external monitors due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To assist you better, I'd like to gather more information:

• Are you using the same device when connecting your laptop to your external monitors?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

Meanwhile, if not, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article about updating drivers in Windows

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Romel Ram Win User

External Monitors not working after windows update

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

External Monitors not working after windows update

1. External Monitors not working after windows update - Similar Threads - External Monitors working

2. dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update: I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs3075cl and have successfully used two external monitors for some months now on Windows 11 version 22H2.One is a Samsung monitor connected through the HDMI port and the other is also a Samsung connected through an HDMI-to-USB adapter.Everything was...
  3. dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update: I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs3075cl and have successfully used two external monitors for some months now on Windows 11 version 22H2.One is a Samsung monitor connected through the HDMI port and the other is also a Samsung connected through an HDMI-to-USB adapter.Everything was...
  4. External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor through USB-C not working after 21H1 update: HiUpdated yesterday my Windows 10 Pro to 21H1 version and my Dell P2219H monitor connected to my Dell XPS 9350 through USB-C to HDMI stopped working I use an UNI USB-C Ethernet Hub 8-in-1 . It worked without issues since I bought it in 2019 until the last Windows update...The...
  5. external monitor audio doesn't work after windows update

external monitor audio doesn't work after windows update: Hi, i have a problem with the sound on my external monitor, every time i got a windows update the monitor is not detected anymore as output device.My solution was, usually, the downgrade of the display adapter driver and the solution worked "well" until now.When i try to...
  6. external monitor not found after update

external monitor not found after update: My laptop updated on 8/13/2020. After the update my HDMI monitor no longer connected to the laptop. I have tried to use "detect" but the laptop just doesn't seem to be able to find the monitor. I have follow all the steps, changed out the HDMI cord, switched ports to no...
  7. Built-in display not working after update, only external monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Built-in display not working after update, only external monitor: So I have this issuehappend to me 2x in the past, where after Windows updates, I can't get my built-in monitor to work, even tho the panel itself is working just finepost screen and backlight work. Tried many options such as reinstalling drivers for both iGPU and my GT 740M,...
  8. After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Windows Update: External Monitors no longer work thru USB ports.: The last 6 months every has been working fine. I have an USB-C Hub that I use to connect my two external monitors with HDMI. Last night, I updated my Nvidia RTX 2060 drivers and all was good. Had a Windows Update that required a restart and everything was fine. Upon waking up...
  9. external monitors: 1 of 2 not working after last windows update

external monitors: 1 of 2 not working after last windows update: Last week I updated windows on my laptop while traveling for business. When I got home one of my external monitors that have been working for years isn't. the one that isn't is a serial monitor with a USB-2 adaptor. The working one has an HDMI connector. I have downloaded...
  10. After recent Windows 10 updates, my external monitor no longer works

After recent Windows 10 updates, my external monitor no longer works: I have 2 old laptops, using VGA to HDMI converter. Both worked fine before the update but now there is no signal coming from VGA port on either one. I've updated video drivers (and tried older drivers but it doesn't seem like they were updated with the Windows update),...