Windows 10: External mouse does not work.

Discus and support External mouse does not work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; External mouse does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mouse-does-not-work/262ac001-f334-43f6-a410-8b0c035e04ee Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoyceHaldeman, Nov 21, 2018.

1. External mouse does not work.

External mouse does not work.

:)

JoyceHaldeman, Nov 21, 2018

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Roan T Win User
    external wired mouse moving wrong direction

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Have you tried using
      a different external mouse and see if the same issue will occur?

• Did you make any changes on your computer before the issue started?

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Nov 21, 2018
  4. mogilem Win User

External Mouse Doesn't Work With Touchpad

I just recently got windows 10 and after searching everywhere(including this site) I was unable to find an answer to my problem. Just recently after upgrading I installed an external mouse and used that instead of the trackpad. Then I had discovered that
    my trackpad no longer worked. I don't remember how but I finally got the trackpad working again but when I did I had discovered that now my external mouse is no longer working. I tried to use a different mouse but that didn't work either. Next I did the advanced
    startup only to discover that in advanced startup my external mouse works and not my trackpad. After that I just restarted the computer and did a normal startup but in normal startup once again only my trackpad worked.

Additional Information:

*I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1

*My computer is the Acer Aspire E 15 E5-573G-59C3 model

*After going to device manager and going to properties on my USB mouse I went to details and under property I put in status and got the following in the exact same order as listed:

0180200A

DN_DRIVER_LOADED

DN_STARTED

DN_DISABLEABLE

DN_NT_ENUMERATOR

DN_NT_DRIVER

*I believe that at some point I got both the trackpad and mouse working by going to the trackpad in device manager, going to the driver tab and selecting "Roll Back Driver". If I try to update the driver software it will say the I have the latest version
    even though I rolled back. Later on my external mouse stopped working after fixing the trackpad and I do not know when this happened.

*I remember that I realized that the trackpad didn't work when I took out the USB for the external mouse and saw that the cursor had disappeared.

*I tried to follow certain instructions that I had found on Microsoft.com(can't find the place where I found the instructions)and I ended up going to regedit on run and on there going to computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    and deleting "upperfilter". I was supposed to delete "lowerfilter" next but it wasn't there, and the guide said that if lowerfilter isn't there then this solution won't work for me so I just left the site and registry editor but upperfilter is now missing
    from that place.

*I'm not incredibly tech savvy so please provide me with step by step instructions on how t fix this.

Thanks for your time!

mogilem, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. External mouse does not work. - Similar Threads - External mouse does

2. No external mouse works on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No external mouse works on my laptop.: Hello everyone, no external mouse works on my laptop. I got the following errors on "mice and other pointing devices" -> "HID-compliant mouse":Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 The specified image file did...
  3. No external mouse works on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No external mouse works on my laptop.: Hello everyone, no external mouse works on my laptop. I got the following errors on "mice and other pointing devices" -> "HID-compliant mouse":Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 The specified image file did...
  4. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external keyboard and mous not working: I have recently factory reset my windows laptop. my keyboard and mouse were working before now, it's not working anymore, I have tried several things like going into safe mode, resetting bios, updating bios, etc. my laptop is an asus rog g551jm. Keyboard and mouse work fine...
  5. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external keyboard and mous not working: I have recently factory reset my windows laptop. my keyboard and mouse were working before now, it's not working anymore, I have tried several things like going into safe mode, resetting bios, updating bios, etc. my laptop is an asus rog g551jm. Keyboard and mouse work fine...
  6. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. External mouse doesn't work but the keyboard does

External mouse doesn't work but the keyboard does: Wireless mouse as part of a mouse/keyboard combination does not work. Windows 10 Pro x64. All windows and dell updates applied. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mouse-doesnt-work-but-the-keyboard-does/a4cecf05-c478-4364-ae75-6045ccade1e9
  8. External mouse not working

External mouse not working: external corded mouse is not working through usb hp ***Modified title from: mouse*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mouse-not-working/e4d02aa2-1bc4-4fdf-9c8b-fc0fc6c84674
  9. External microphone does not work

External microphone does not work: I have the HP 450 G4 with windows 10 1809 update. Ever since the update the microphone on my new single jack (3.5 mm) headset won’t work or any other earphones with built in microphones (I've tried the iPhone ones too) I can hear sounds coming out of both of them but no...
  10. External Mouse stop working

External Mouse stop working: Hello I have a problem since 1 week, I have sony vaio vgn-cs11s laptop and i am using windows 10 for a long time , but 1 week ago i face a problem my external wired mouse stop working properly windows start freezing and lagging i tried to use mouse pad but my pad also lags,...