Windows 10: External Mouse stop working

Discus and support External Mouse stop working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem since 1 week, I have sony vaio vgn-cs11s laptop and i am using windows 10 for a long time , but 1 week ago i face a problem my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Muhammad AminJalolov, Dec 2, 2018.

1. External Mouse stop working

Hello I have a problem since 1 week, I have sony vaio vgn-cs11s laptop and i am using windows 10 for a long time , but 1 week ago i face a problem my external wired mouse stop working properly windows start freezing and lagging i tried to use mouse pad but my pad also lags, whenever i plug my mouse i have strong lags on my laptop i thought that i have hardware problem and tried to use different usb ports and different mouses but still have same problem , i tried to reinstall my drivers , update them but still have same problem , my mouse works on other laptops without any problems, Then i check my hardware performance on different utilities the only problem was in my hard disk (reallocated sectors count) has found and i have changed my hard disk still when i plug wired mouse it freeze and stops. But few hours ago i found whenever i plug wireless mouse it works very well without any problem when i am changing to wired it freeze and lags the same problem with mouse pad. I don't understand where exactly the problem on hardware or windows updated and i have software problem why external wireless mouse works ? and also i am sure that my usb port are working because i have tried the flashdrives.

:)

Muhammad AminJalolov, Dec 2, 2018

2. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume controls, mail button, home, customizable buttons, etc.). When I plug the mouse in, it appears under Other Devices in the Device Manager, listed twice as a USB Input Device. When I try to update the driver automatically, it says Windows was unable to. The mouse doesn't work in safe mode. I tried a wireless mouse as well and it doesn't work either. My external keyboard shows up under keyboards as an HID Keyboard Device and Windows says the best drivers for my device are already installed. I've tried all three USB ports and the mouse works on another computer. The built-in keyboard and touch pad on my laptop still work fine. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

purplewalrus, Dec 2, 2018
  3. ATats70 Win User
    Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

External Mouse stop working abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Marie Ave Win User

External Mouse stop working

Mouse stopped working

Hi Bec,

One possible reason that your mouse is not working is due to outdated or corrupted drivers. For us to isolate your concern, we would need the following details:

• Which version of Windows 10 have you installed recently? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, click on the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a wireless or wired mouse?

We suggest that you run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices > Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, follow the troubleshooting steps provided in
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows article.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

External Mouse stop working

1. External Mouse stop working - Similar Threads - External Mouse stop

2. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external keyboard and mous not working: I have recently factory reset my windows laptop. my keyboard and mouse were working before now, it's not working anymore, I have tried several things like going into safe mode, resetting bios, updating bios, etc. my laptop is an asus rog g551jm. Keyboard and mouse work fine...
  3. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external keyboard and mous not working: I have recently factory reset my windows laptop. my keyboard and mouse were working before now, it's not working anymore, I have tried several things like going into safe mode, resetting bios, updating bios, etc. my laptop is an asus rog g551jm. Keyboard and mouse work fine...
  4. Mouse stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stops working: My mouse randomly stops allowing me to click, ive tried DISM, scannow, virus scan, and fully reinstalling windows but nothing is working. Ive also made sure its not something simple like i changed it from left click to right click and it happens even when i try to use the...
  5. External mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External mouse not working: external corded mouse is not working through usb hp ***Modified title from: mouse*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mouse-not-working/e4d02aa2-1bc4-4fdf-9c8b-fc0fc6c84674
  6. Mouse stopped working

Mouse stopped working: One day the mouse was working as it should and the next it just stopped working at all and is still out of action. I have reviewed some fixes and attempted some but I still can't get mine working. Trouble shooting was no help as it responded by saying the mouse was connected....
  7. mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mouse stopped working: My mouse no longer works. Control shows where it SHOULD be, where I last touched the screen, but the pad will not move it and I cannot see the pointer. System says that the device is working. NOT....
  8. External mouse does not work.

External mouse does not work.: External mouse does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mouse-does-not-work/262ac001-f334-43f6-a410-8b0c035e04ee
  9. Mouse stops working

Mouse stops working: My mouse pointer suddenly stops while working on some application I have checked the setting of the mouse and the drivers everything is fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-stops-working/83d35a8e-a312-48ea-aa5f-7dd43f13183e
  10. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working: I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume...