Windows 10: External Mouse works on Laptop but not when plugged into Desktop

Discus and support External Mouse works on Laptop but not when plugged into Desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 machines, a laptop and a desktop, both running W10. I have a Logitech WiFi mouse I wish to use on the Desktop. This mouse works when plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lturn9, Jun 11, 2019.

1. lturn9 Win User

External Mouse works on Laptop but not when plugged into Desktop

I have 2 machines, a laptop and a desktop, both running W10. I have a Logitech WiFi mouse I wish to use on the Desktop. This mouse works when plugged into my laptop but when I plug into the Desktop, it will not work. I have looked for possible settings I might change to make the WiFi mouse work on the desktop but can find none.

Any ideas? TIA,
    Larry

:)

lturn9, Jun 11, 2019

2. Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution....

My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver.

My mouse is a Logitech M310.

• I don't have the problem if a USB 2 external HDD is connected to either a USB2 or USB3 port.
    • I have moved the mouse receiver to different ports on both the front and back of the computer but this doesn't change anything.
    • If I move the mouse very close to the receiver (a couple of inches), it works so it seems that the wireless range is reduced when the USB3 HDD is plugged in.
    • If I connect a wired mouse, it works fine.
    • I have 2 USB3 ports and the problem is the same on both.
    • If the USB3 HDD is connected to a USB2 port, the mouse works normally.
    • I changed the battery in the mouse but this didn't help.
    • the USB3 HDD is a WD Passport that is self powered through the USB port.

Any suggestions?

dsscottage, Jun 11, 2019
  3. External Mouse and Volume Keys on External Keyboard Stopped Working

I've been using an external mouse and keyboard with my laptop for a while now. A few days ago, the mouse stopped working. It's a wired mouse and the red light comes on when it's plugged in. At the same time, the top row of keys on my wired keyboard stopped working (the volume controls, mail button, home, customizable buttons, etc.). When I plug the mouse in, it appears under Other Devices in the Device Manager, listed twice as a USB Input Device. When I try to update the driver automatically, it says Windows was unable to. The mouse doesn't work in safe mode. I tried a wireless mouse as well and it doesn't work either. My external keyboard shows up under keyboards as an HID Keyboard Device and Windows says the best drivers for my device are already installed. I've tried all three USB ports and the mouse works on another computer. The built-in keyboard and touch pad on my laptop still work fine. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

purplewalrus, Jun 11, 2019
  4. External Mouse works on Laptop but not when plugged into Desktop

Laptop keyboard and mouse not working

Laptop keyboard and mouse not working even external keyboard and mouse not working

Keyboard and mouse working only BIOS Setup or automatic repair screen

when the login screen appears laptop keyboard and touch pad even external mouse and keyboard not working

please suggest me what can i do???

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

HayatData Solutions, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

External Mouse works on Laptop but not when plugged into Desktop

1. External Mouse works on Laptop but not when plugged into Desktop - Similar Threads - External Mouse works

2. No external mouse works on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No external mouse works on my laptop.: Hello everyone, no external mouse works on my laptop. I got the following errors on "mice and other pointing devices" -> "HID-compliant mouse":Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 The specified image file did...
  3. No external mouse works on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No external mouse works on my laptop.: Hello everyone, no external mouse works on my laptop. I got the following errors on "mice and other pointing devices" -> "HID-compliant mouse":Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39 The specified image file did...
  4. Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse: I plugged a mouse into my laptop and the mousepad stopped working. This isn't the first time I've used a mouse with this laptop and it's been fine every other time. The mousepad does not work even when I unplug the mouse again. I've tried updating/reinstalling the driver....
  5. Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse: I plugged a mouse into my laptop and the mousepad stopped working. This isn't the first time I've used a mouse with this laptop and it's been fine every other time. The mousepad does not work even when I unplug the mouse again. I've tried updating/reinstalling the driver....
  6. Mousepad not working on laptop after plugging in mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop not booting fully when external HDD plugged in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not booting fully when external HDD plugged in.: My Surface Book doesn't boot 100% through when I have a HDD plugged in via USB. It's "waiting" past the login screen. Only when I unplug the HDD it's loading all the services and programs. This is only on a cold boot also. There is no external programm on the HDD just files...
  8. Laptop brightness stuck at 100% when plugging in an external monitor

Laptop brightness stuck at 100% when plugging in an external monitor: Laptop: ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.264 Issue: When I connect an external monitor to my laptop using an HDMI cable, the laptop's screen's brightness is automatically set to the maximum. Adjusting the brightness with the...
  9. External mouse not working

External mouse not working: external corded mouse is not working through usb hp ***Modified title from: mouse*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mouse-not-working/e4d02aa2-1bc4-4fdf-9c8b-fc0fc6c84674
  10. Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port: I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution.... My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver. My mouse is a Logitech M310. I don't have the problem if a USB 2...