Windows 10: External NVMe SSD Exclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 problem

Discus and support External NVMe SSD Exclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have problem with NVMe SSD Exclosure. When i connect External NVMe SSD Exclosure on motherboard (USB 3.1 Gen 2) device not recognized first time and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sandi1987, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Sandi1987 Win User

External NVMe SSD Exclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 problem

I have problem with NVMe SSD Exclosure. When i connect External NVMe SSD Exclosure on motherboard (USB 3.1 Gen 2) device not recognized first time and i need to unplug and plug again and then working. I'm using USB 3.1 Gen 2 cable.

:)

Sandi1987, Dec 12, 2020

2. NVME SSD

My MB is a crosshair vii hero with latest bios 2901.

The m.2 1 link mode is auto, gen 1, gen 2, gen 3

M.2 2 is the same. And in the boot section nvme is visible and enabled.

AdrianLucke72, Dec 12, 2020
  3. copiman Win User
    copiman, Dec 12, 2020
  4. External NVMe SSD Exclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 problem

Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

External NVMe SSD Exclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 problem

1. External NVMe SSD Exclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 problem - Similar Threads - External NVMe SSD

2. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting from an external nvme ssd: So i have a nvme m2 usb drive that i have Ubuntu on, and have successfully booted into on windows on my main computer.However i need to do it on my laptop and this seems to be a problem. I don't know why but i just cant seem to. I disabled secure boot, i tried it through usbc...
  3. Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD: I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC and would like to change the boot WD_Black SN720 256GB NVMe m.2 SSD for a WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD.There are 2 NVMe M.2 slots and already have installed a WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal SSD in the second slot as a Data...
  4. What's faster? A SSD card or a NVMe with a USB 3 enclosure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's faster? A SSD card or a NVMe with a USB 3 enclosure?: Unfortunately I do not have a PCIe slot available *Sad But I have a SATA port available. And many USB 3 ports too. Thank you guys :) 175313
  5. NVMe M.2 SSD

NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...
  6. Windows will not install on my NVME SSD Sabrent Rocket Gen 3 1TB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows will not install on my NVME SSD Sabrent Rocket Gen 3 1TB: [ATTACH]I use a USB installer, I Try to install windows on my nvme ssd it lets the install go all the way through but after the install is done i take out my usb and try to boot up but i get an alert when i boot up saying there is no bootable drive found and to plug in a...
  7. M.2 NVME pcie gen 4

M.2 NVME pcie gen 4: Does anybody know if Samsung is releasing a Gen 4 PCIe NVME SSD? I'm just wondering. 157061
  8. thunderbolt 3 nvme ssd external drive, windows boot problem on mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    thunderbolt 3 nvme ssd external drive, windows boot problem on mac: I'ver been trying to boot windows 10 from an external thunderbolt 3 ssd nvme drive with the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bsod coming up when booting with every try. I figured sometimes the thunderbolt drive was not available even when connected as a secondary storage device...
  9. Differences in Gen 2 and Gen 3

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Differences in Gen 2 and Gen 3: I got to thinking since my motherboard has two graphics card (16x) slots, but one is a Gen 2 and the other is a Gen 3, why can't I put my M2 SSD in the Gen 3 and my graphics card in the Gen 2. Wow what a differences in speed. Boot time is nothing now, downloads are simple a...
  10. USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.: USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3. In a partitioned drive it only shows one partition. With thumb drives it works okay. I posted this last week but I was hit by scammers, that`s why I`m posting again. Thanks in advance....