Windows 10: External Optical Drive will not work in Windows 10

Discus and support External Optical Drive will not work in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i brought a dvd drive for my gaming pc and it cant detect the dvd its plugged in but it isnt accessible windows doesent detect it at all i went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RealEnzoTDZ, Dec 10, 2019.

1. External Optical Drive will not work in Windows 10

i brought a dvd drive for my gaming pc and it cant detect the dvd its plugged in but it isnt accessible windows doesent detect it at all i went to device manager and cant find it at all please help.

:)

RealEnzoTDZ, Dec 10, 2019

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 10, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 ANNIVERSARY UPDATE OPTICAL DISC DRIVE (CD/DVD) NOT WORKING

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly clarify the following:

• When you say not working, is your optical disk drive not being detected or not being read/recognized?
    • Is this the first time that this happened or has it happened before?
    • Did the issue appear just right after updating?
    For Windows 10 recovery options, visit this
    link

You can check the
    Compatibility Troubleshooter
    for Windows 10.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Dec 10, 2019
  4. LemP Win User

External Optical Drive will not work in Windows 10

Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

Thema:

External Optical Drive will not work in Windows 10

1. External Optical Drive will not work in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - External Optical Drive

2. External optical drive not displaying in MusicBee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External optical drive not displaying in MusicBee: I use MusicBee to listen to and organize my music, and to rip music from CDs. I play a CD from an external optical drive. When I used Windows 7, the drive assigned to D: showed up in MusicBee under the Computer header without any problems. Now that I'm using Windows 11, the...
  3. External optical drive not displaying in MusicBee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External optical drive not displaying in MusicBee: I use MusicBee to listen to and organize my music, and to rip music from CDs. I play a CD from an external optical drive. When I used Windows 7, the drive assigned to D: showed up in MusicBee under the Computer header without any problems. Now that I'm using Windows 11, the...
  4. Win 10 and using an external optical drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 and using an external optical drive: I have windows 10, a desktop, and when I ordered it from HP I forgot to include a CD-R OR CD-RW. I figured that just purchasing one and plugging it into a usb port would solve my issue. Initially it worked, kinda. The other day I messed up and ended up having to re-install my...
  5. Win 10 and using an external optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 and using an external optical drive: I have windows 10, a desktop, and when I ordered it from HP I forgot to include a CD-R OR CD-RW. I figured that just purchasing one and plugging it into a usb port would solve my issue. Initially it worked, kinda. The other day I messed up and ended up having to re-install my...
  6. Win 10 and using an external optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My External Optical Drive is not being recognized correctyl by windows 10

My External Optical Drive is not being recognized correctyl by windows 10: I have bought a Ninzer USB Optical Drive. It is installed i windows as a "Initio INIC-1511 USB Device" which is obviously incorrect. I cannot change the driver as windows keeps reinstalling it as the Initio device. Even after I disabled automatic driver installation. How can...
  8. Optical drive does not work, windows 10

Optical drive does not work, windows 10: optical drive does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive-does-not-work-windows-10/b258fb33-3343-43a6-8c69-287a37126362
  9. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14
  10. External Optical Drive from Old Laptop Not Working

External Optical Drive from Old Laptop Not Working: I have a CD/DVD/Blu-ray player that I pulled from my old laptop so I could use it in my current laptop which does not have an optical drive. I purchased a SATA cable to connect it to my new laptop via USB, but most times I plug it in, it does not work. By this I mean, I got...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inic-1511 not working