Windows 10: External reference formula produces different result when opened and closed...

Discus and support External reference formula produces different result when opened and closed... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i have two excel files A and B. File A has formula referenced to B. When file B is closed,file A's formula result shows incorrect result. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andrew9090, Apr 28, 2020.

1. External reference formula produces different result when opened and closed...

Hi, i have two excel files A and B.

File A has formula referenced to B.

When file B is closed,file A's formula result shows incorrect result.

When both file A and B are open,the formula result shows correct result.

The result change instantaneously when file B is open.

I have checked the external reference formula for closed and opened workbook are correct.

I am not sure what goes wrong.

:)

Andrew9090, Apr 28, 2020

2. excel showing formulas not results

a sheet that worked fine on windows phone 7 now shows ##### in the cell and the formula in the "formula box" not the result of the formula.

anybody have any ideas.

patricknortonc, Apr 28, 2020
  3. I WANT TO COPY A FORMULA IN A COLUMN TO THE "ANSWER" IN A SECOND COLUMN.

I SIMPLY WANT TO TRANSFER A FORMULA IN A LIST (COLUMN) TO ANOTHER COLUMN - BUT THE NEW COLUMN - WILL REFLECT THE RESULT OF THE FORMULA. IE
    =+DATA!GA TRANSFER TO 132 (OR WHATEVER).

SIMPLY COPYING A LIST OF FORMULAS TO A LIST OF "ANSWERS".

THANK YOU!

HAMPTONBRAUN, Apr 28, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

External reference formula produces different result when opened and closed...

Vlookup formula not work on window 10 version 1902 & 1903

Hi Ranaraza

There are no reports of those versions of Windows 10 causing problems with Excel formula . . .

Did the formula you are working on previously work or are those new formula?

What version of Excel are you using on your PC?

If that is Office 2016, 2019 or Office 365, and those are previously working formula, please try repairing your Office installation

If those are new formula, please provide the formula that do not work and also the error you are seeing

To repair your Office installation:

Follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

External reference formula produces different result when opened and closed...

1. External reference formula produces different result when opened and closed... - Similar Threads - External reference formula

2. FORMULA

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FORMULA: what formula can i use to get total hours worked per day. DATESTART TIMEEND TIMETOTAL HOURS6/1/202111:00AM12:06:00...
  3. My external speakers don't produce sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external speakers don't produce sound: I've connected my external speakers to the computer, connected power, speakers are on but no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-dont-produce-sound/8fbf799e-ae5c-4adb-96bd-676b3a4aabd9
  4. Keyboard keypresses produce irregular results

Keyboard keypresses produce irregular results: Pressing a key on the keyboard can produce completely irregular results. Some times the keystroke doesn't register at all some times it registers multiple times. This is a new behaviour that's happening with an old windows 10 installation. They keyboard apparently works fine...
  5. External monitor looks different than my laptop screen when the lid is closed

External monitor looks different than my laptop screen when the lid is closed: This used to not be an issue, but about a month ago, I completely reset my laptop. After the reset, my display has been weird about my laptop lid being closed. You see, whenever I go into fullscreen, my Steam games in particular are the issue, my external monitor needs to...
  6. Formulas

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formulas: is there a way to use LOOKUP or any other formula to add values from a large number of different sheets in the same file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formulas/764e8940-6ae1-4aed-a8d0-dc28d60c4372
  7. EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES.

EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES.: How can I stop iTunes from triggering my external DVD drive to eject? On a unrelated topic . Okay, I give, I'm totally confused about processor cores. As I was typing the information below, some of which I got from the "About Your PC" file on my computer, I didn't know...
  8. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  9. Puts formula in cell instead of result

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Puts formula in cell instead of result: Hi all,,,, I don't know what is wrong with my spreadsheet but I put VLOOKUP(E17,B1:C16,2,1) into the cell E20 and instead of putting the result in E20 it puts the formula. I have treble checked and the data is correct and the cells formatting are correct, can someone help...
  10. Two installs, different results

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two installs, different results: Hi I have two PC's with W10 Pro, fully updated. When I click the Start button there is a most used section, on one PC there is a list showing the most recent targets, on the other just the program is shown. Why the difference and how do I get the recent targets to...